The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: evo with emanage?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34
    datdude305

evo with emanage?????

well i want power but i dont think piecing together a turbo is for me so i searched and didnt find an anwser. Can i use emanage on my ecu with an evo swap or do i gotta go stand alone ?

2.4L 8G

btw i can get a greddy emanage for $290 free shiping compared to $1000 for the standalone

and if anyone knows where i can get an evo engine cheap
    i got $2500 plus shiping

Last I heard the emanage does not controll boost, tack on an extra 300.00. Gauges, Wide band, etc extra 500.00 Your already at 3300 not including the trans your going to need from the 3gen eclipse or did you think your I4auto would support that power? Your well above 4k before the cost of install and tune comes into play. Your trying to cut financial corner while doing a sever swap WHY? get the latest version of the SDS + 5sp swap call it aday. It comes with pretty much everything you need to worry about...

Hell if you want to do something outstanding figure out away to make the auto trans survive that much power.

You are right about one thing...peicing together a turbo setup would be a pain

datdude305
    i kno about the 5 spd i will do the swap at the same time as the evo if i go that route im just trying to get all my prices figured out and if u could tune it with emanage y even pay the 700 more for the stand alone not cuting corners just spending wisely

BTW thats why i am cheaking the prices 400whp with evo cost ??????
    400whp with sds cost bout 5K

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by Mante
    You are right about one thing...peicing together a turbo setup would be a pain
    It might be a pain but piecing it together is better than paying 2x's the price. My turbo setup for my civic is 80% complete and I'm almost at half what a "kit" would cost. Btw that includes H beam rods and forged pistons.....HA!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I would sugest doing the 5spd swap before the Evo swap. Get all the little quirks worked out of the system before you do the swap. I didnt, and would have rather did the 5spd swap first.

Piecing together a turbo setup is not a pain, why would it be a pain? Sure its not as easy as going to a website, adding a turbo kit to your basket and be done with it. But turbo kits are overpriced and you learn a lot more about your setup by buying pieces individually.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    you learn a lot more about your setup by buying pieces individually.
    buying a turbo kit would've been the worst thing i could've done. piecing one together forced me to learn and know every inch of the setup.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    you learn a lot more about your setup by buying pieces individually.
    buying a turbo kit would've been the worst thing i could've done. piecing one together forced me to learn and know every inch of the setup.
    Agreed... and allows you to lay out a budget if you're not able to front a huge chunk of money at once.

agreed. a turbo is not that complex, and there aren't that many parts to get. it isn't difficult, and as everyone has said, you will learn about the setup while you do it. what's to lose?

in this sense the word pain was being used as not as simple...jeeeeez

haha you guys all have 7th gens of course thats easy lol

an 8th gen isnt as easy but its definatly not hard if you know where too look. i would say custom kit and 5 speed unless your looking to make some crazy power
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by Mante
    Mante I didn't say what I said to bust your ass. I said it because everyine wants to save money plus, like seth said, you learn a lot more when you piece your kit together.

Quote Originally Posted by underated
    haha you guys all have 7th gens of course thats easy lol

an 8th gen isnt as easy but its definatly not hard if you know where too look. i would say custom kit and 5 speed unless your looking to make some crazy power
    ahh, i didn't take that into account. plus, i hear you have to lose your a/c to do it also?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindless
    Mante wrote:

Mante I didn't say what I said to bust your ass. I said it because everyine wants to save money plus, like seth said, you learn a lot more when you piece your kit together. Wink
    i was saying it to bust your ass

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    it also depends on how much power you wanna make. I wanna make over 500whp, I went with the EVO swap, you can go with a turbo kit or SDS and make 300whp on a 4G64 easy. The emanage is not a good system. There is a kid on club3g that built a 4G64 motor, same turbo as me, every mod he can do, then an emanage and his car runs like crap. on evo engines the emanage is notorious for blowing ignition coils. Check on Evolutionm.net and you will see. Better off spending $400 more and getting a standalone used. I got my Electromotive Tec2 standalone used, with ignition coils and ALL the sensors for $825 shipped. Gotta shop around. Also look in your area for a tuner BEFORE you buy a standalone. It yould suck to buy a standalone that nobody in your area tunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

let me be more clear, the Emanage is not a good system for what you are trying to do. If you had lets say a turbo 2nd gen, which comes turbo and used the stock ECU and an emanage it may work better, because it came as a turbo car. but not the 4G64 platform, no good.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

TGC Regular
    I see the SDS as a...quick setup easy direct bolt on setup.

I see the turbo as a setup which you'll have to run a few more steps , add a lot more smaller things for shit to even get to work correclty but..in a sense more then half the cost of say.. stage 2 SDS

If I had the money though I'd chose SDS anyday over turbo , just because if the turbo dies on your there are so many parts that might go with it..including engine

Sds is just one or two added parts , I think the pulley and oil lines ..I think.

Good topic though.
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

stewi, do you have a knock sensor installed? using knock to retard timing?

i see stewi's points. from what i've seen, the 8g is a different game. us 7g guys have it easy.

yes im using a knock sensor to retard the timing. My standalone is good tho. It has sort of an auto tune feature where i can set my A/F parameters and whenever the actual A/F goes outside the limits I set the ECU automatically changes the fuel/timing map to compensate.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

TGC Regular
    damn now that is some technology
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

datdude305
    wow i knew i couldnt get in to the knock and all that but kno that the masters (stewi mante) are putting lik that i guess it is a huge deal and the reason i didnt piece is because well the fact that for a new sail would cost me as much as the whole tunner package of sds and buying a turbo to then rebuild everything isn`t good fun so i thought get the evo then build internals and lil by lil as i break in upgrade ( wastegate, mani, all the good shit)

thanx guy

next topic wuts a good place to buy a stand alone for cheap

TGC Regular
    I thought Mante had like a few posted prices ..he should know

I would help but I"d end up giving you the wrong cost , meaning I'd give you the real cost not the "search around for a better deal cost"
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast