The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How do I chek if my airbags are still in?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    bibip

How do I chek if my airbags are still in?

I bought a car that was in a car accident. The car has been rebuilt, but as I have no information about the car accident, I dont know if the airbags were used and if yes, if they were replaced afterwards. Do you know if I can check if I have the airbags (both passenger and driver) in my car? DO I have to take something apart to check?

Thanks!

just hit something.

As much as I hate to say it I think you'd have to take it to the dealership and have them check it out.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

ipaintu
    well Im thinking what you mean is YOU see the AIrbags in but you are wondering if they are active. I know you know they are THERE since if not you would see big holes in your dash and wheel..

Laz is kinda right tho. If you take them to dealer they should be able to tell you... I dont know if they will chrge you tho.. Someone told me also AutoZone can tell you. If your sensor hasnt been reset and the light bulb taken out to fool you. they should show up on a ODB reader.Im not sure of that but almost think that person is right. Also If you find out they sold you the car without them active SUE THE HELL OUT OF THEM thats 100000000000000000000000000000% illegal in EVERY state. Thats as bad as freaking the speedo..

I know this is illegal cause a person just won a case in Florida where the dealer knew the bags wasnt active and lost in court from it. Person won the value of the car and much more. since the way they found out was they had a wreck and no bags came out..

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    just hit something.

As much as I hate to say it I think you'd have to take it to the dealership and have them check it out.
    screw the dealer, run into something thats the easiest way.. im curious if mine work, but dont really care..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

bibip
    The thing is that I bought the car a couple of days ago, and I was stupid enough not to check the vehicle history.. I did it afterwards, and I learnt that the car was in an accident, and has been rebuilt. After looking carefully at the car, I can see that it must have been a front shock (one of the headlight is a little bit off). Thats why im wondering if my aribags are in here adn if they are working, as the guy (private party) already screwed us up by hiding the fact that he had a car accident...Maybe he also try to hide the fact that the airbags have been used?

Quote Originally Posted by HeadAche
    just hit something.

screw the dealer, run into something thats the easiest way.. im curious if mine work, but dont really care..
    Hang around me long enough and you will
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadAche
    just hit something.

Hang around me long enough and you will
    If i do run into something like you do, at least I can go to your house and look at all the paint choices and wait 2 years with a primered car...lol...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

the steering wheel is easy. if the part you honk the horn at has a big cut in the middle then there's no airbag. that piece splits open when the airbags deploy.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.