The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: crappy paint

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22
    ShyLynn 8G

crappy paint

I have a 00 es, i bought it brand new in the last yr i have watched the clear coat on my car just flake off. it looks horrible! i was wondering if anyone has had this problem or did i just get stuck with a shitty paint job.

ps i wax the car about every 2-4 months with gold class, could that be the problem?

Experienced TGC Member
    I don't say this often, but:
    Do a search.

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    I don't say this often, but:
    Do a search.
    on what?

Experienced TGC Member
    welcome to the family, I see that you have a black G and the 99-01 black g's have terrible paint job. Let me guess its all on you roof and its starting to get on your trunk and hood. I know, Its the clear coat coming off. Alot of people on here who have black 8g's have the same problem. Me and twin who has a 01 black es his roof is bad like like mine. How many miles do you have on yours? It might still be under warranty and you may be able to get it repainted for free.

Sorry for my rude friend Jennifer. Yes we do have this same problem as u r having u can run a search. Im not to sure what ppl have done to remedy it, but i got my whole car repainted.

jet black- she the new chick on tgc b nice!!
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

ShyLynn 8G
    Quote Originally Posted by pvu_rida
    welcome to the family, I see that you have a black G and the 99-01 black g's have terrible paint job. Let me guess its all on you roof and its starting to get on your trunk and hood. I know, Its the clear coat coming off. Alot of people on here who have black 8g's have the same problem. Me and twin who has a 01 black es his roof is bad like like mine. How many miles do you have on yours? It might still be under warranty and you may be able to get it repainted for free.
    warranty ran out LONG time ago i have over 107,000 miles on the car guess i'll have to repaint

dont worry jet i found the search button so i'll leave u alone lol

Quote Originally Posted by ShyLynn 8G
    Quote Originally Posted by pvu_rida
    warranty ran out LONG time ago i have over 107,000 miles on the car guess i'll have to repaint

dont worry jet i found the search button so i'll leave u alone lol
    HAhaha owned

Yeah the clearcoat on my hood has started to peel off, I got lucky in a way tho, not long after words someone hit me, bent my hood, and the guy paid for the damage. So I bought a cf one, too bad that broke in shipping.. still waiting for the settlement from the shipping company, so I can go buy another one
    What is the meaning of life? 42.

ShyLynn 8G
    i would love to get a cf hood i like the evo style one or at least i think thats what its called lol

haha, yeah I have a beige galant, so a little more noticible on my car as opposed to black, but they are still tight.

theblackpearl
    damn Jet your good with the ladies! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ShyLynn 8G
    i would love to get a cf hood i like the evo style one or at least i think thats what its called lol
    mmmm evo hood....

Yeah rub it in. :evil:

ShyLynn 8G
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ShyLynn 8G)</div><div class='quotemain'>i would love to get a cf hood i like the evo style one or at least i think thats what its called lol</div>
    mmmm evo hood....
    </div>
    oh yeah thats the hood i dream about that hood so when can i come over and steal it from u?

ShyLynn 8G
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ShyLynn 8G)</div><div class='quotemain'>i would love to get a cf hood i like the evo style one or at least i think thats what its called lol</div>
    mmmm evo hood....
    </div>
    oh yeah thats the hood i dream about that hood so when can i come over and steal it from u?

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ShyLynn 8G)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ShyLynn 8G)</div><div class='quotemain'>i would love to get a cf hood i like the evo style one or at least i think thats what its called lol</div>
    mmmm evo hood....
    </div>
    oh yeah thats the hood i dream about that hood so when can i come over and steal it from u?</div>

Gotta admit; she sounds like she's been here a while.

ShyLynn 8G
    ive looked around before but never signed on until a few days ago

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ShyLynn 8G)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ShyLynn 8G)</div><div class='quotemain'>i would love to get a cf hood i like the evo style one or at least i think thats what its called lol</div>
    mmmm evo hood....
    </div>
    oh yeah thats the hood i dream about that hood so when can i come over and steal it from u?</div>
    when do you plan on coming to vegas?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AntimonyER)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah rub it in. Â*:evil: Â*</div>
    oooh ill have some pictures for ALL of you tomorrow!! :twisted:

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't say this often, but: Â*
    Do a search.</div>
    on what?</div>

You for real dude? What do you think she should search on? Tranny swap maybe? How about how to change her oil. These are all relevant topics to topic of this thread correct? /sarcasm

Here are two threads I found in less than 5 minutes. Both of them basicly retstate what was said above.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...ight=clear+coat
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...paint+clearcoat

why dont you crawl back into a bottle /sarcasm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast