The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front Sway Links

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar

Front Sway Links

When driving on fairly bumpy roads, I've been noticing a rattling sound which seems awfully close to me, only on the driver's side. After an oil change today, in the recomendations section of the report it stated L/S (Both) Front Sway Links...So I'm assuming these links (components of the suspension?) need replacing.

Has anyobody ever encountered this with their 8G and if so, how much does the job cost? I'm guessing it can't be all that pricey...but I'm no mechanic.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Re: Front Sway Links

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(glantv699)</div><div class='quotemain'>When driving on fairly bumpy roads, I've been noticing a rattling sound which seems awfully close to me, only on the driver's side. After an oil change today, in the recomendations section of the report it stated L/S (Both) Front Sway Links...So I'm assuming these links (components of the suspension?) need replacing.

Has anyobody ever encountered this with their 8G and if so, how much does the job cost? I'm guessing it can't be all that pricey...but I'm no mechanic.</div>
    its not bad.
    the labor is about 45 minutes per side, and I think the links are about 30 bucks.
    and yes, its becoming common. However, i doubt BOTH sides are worn. It was probably them covering their ass in regards to diagnosing.