The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5zigen or ac autotechnic?

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

5zigen or ac autotechnic?

ok guys...after reading many post i've come to the conclussion of either getting a 5zigen fireball muffler or an ac autotechnic revolution...i need opinions!
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar

Re: 5zigen or ac autotechnic?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cali)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok guys...after reading many post i've come to the conclussion of either getting a 5zigen fireball muffler or an ac autotechnic revolution...i need opinions! </div>

I would go with the 5Zigen Fireball.. I have it and i know a couple other guyz have it as well, there is nothing better than it.. Low agrressive tone, extremely tough sounding at high rpms, get the 5Zigen u wont regret it..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Gilhuly
    Gotta come in on the other side (ac autotechnic) as I like the walk softly and carry the big stick approach. I like power to be dtectable, but totally in everyone's face.

toc8g
    I would stake my LIFE on AC :thumbsup: AUTOTECHNIC!
    But remember what I like and the guy next to me might like may not be what you like,....but it is the best fucking muffler I have ever heard and comming from two previous ricy rattling sound mufflers this one is the BEST I have ever heard on my car or any car!

i'd go for the AC...just because u can pick one up on ebay for about a hundred dollars...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

5Zigen all the way!

toc8g
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>5Zigen all the way!</div>

HAHA! I like a tuner that stands by his muffler!!!

hmm any of you guys got pics of them installed? pinoy does have a point though...a 100 bucks difference...i wonder if the difference in sound is worth the 100 bucks?
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>5Zigen all the way!</div>

I got your back bro, We both know the best exhaust is by 5ZIGEN...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

toc8g
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cali)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmm any of you guys got pics of them installed? pinoy does have a point though...a 100 bucks difference...i wonder if the difference in sound is worth the 100 bucks?</div>

I think its on the 5th page

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291816699

I have gone thru 2 mufflers before I fell in love with the AC, It is low and deep,..The magnaflow sounded like rice and even the no name muffler I got after that sounded better,...it eliminated the rice but wasn't the look or the exact sound I wanted so I bought the AC and never looked back!!

My 5Zigen Fireball:

Click hereto see how my Father and I installed it.

toc8g
    Actually now that I look at that picture of the 5Zigen Fireball, it looks alot like the AC autoTechnic except the AC is shorter and 5Zigen is longer,..I guess the gas is past thru my shorter exhaust faster and might be a little louder since it is shorter and doesn't have the full length to go thru,..other then that the new model AC's look almost exactly the same

Quote Originally Posted by toc8g
    Actually now that I look at that picture of the 5Zigen Fireball, it looks alot like the AC autoTechnic except the AC is shorter and 5Zigen is longer,..I guess the gas is past thru my shorter exhaust faster and might be a little louder since it is shorter and doesn't have the full length to go thru,..other then that the new model AC's look almost exactly the same
    hey TOC, your AC is about the length of the stock tailpipe lol...

toc8g
    Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    Quote Originally Posted by toc8g
    hey TOC, your AC is about the length of the stock tailpipe lol...

OK I have heard alot about the Fireball I was just wondering about some stats. First off how big is the pipe going into the muffler. 2.25 or 2.5" also Where can I get them I see the firebal "style" on ebay or I only see the exaust systems for them for another car. Where can I get just a universal Muffler.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    OK I have heard alot about the Fireball I was just wondering about some stats. First off how big is the pipe going into the muffler. 2.25 or 2.5" also Where can I get them I see the firebal "style" on ebay or I only see the exaust systems for them for another car. Where can I get just a universal Muffler.
    first of all you can find the 5zigen @ places like optauto.com and group buy center. uhm a search on google will find many more. but uhm according to optauto, the inlet on theirs is 2.5" but shopuldn't be a problem, nothing a 90 cent adaptor won't be able to fix

good deal. I have 2.5" piping now and I was thinking about dropping back down to a 2.25inch pipe. but if the inlet is 2.5 in the muffler do you think I can get away with just keeping the 2.5" I was worring about the back pressure loss clause. I eventually plan on producing alot of Power so i know I will eventually need to make the pipe bigger but in the mean time I am wondeing how much loss am I talking about?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    good deal. I have 2.5" piping now and I was thinking about dropping back down to a 2.25inch pipe. but if the inlet is 2.5 in the muffler do you think I can get away with just keeping the 2.5" I was worring about the back pressure loss clause. I eventually plan on producing alot of Power so i know I will eventually need to make the pipe bigger but in the mean time I am wondeing how much loss am I talking about?
    most of your loss would be in the low end. the end that you will feel the most. uhm as for dropping back down uhm i'd keep the 2.5 on and just live with it unless you can really feel a big power loss and you won't be upgrading under the engine bay for a long ass time. also, with the loudness uhm you know that 2.5 is gonna be louder than 2.25 and yea if it gets to be too loud for you, you might wanna go back down.

i know im gonna stick with 2.25" piping with my exhaust but then im doing a dual catback setup so is a different thing for me...