The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo's for 89 GSR 4G63

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Turbo's for 89 GSR 4G63

Hey Guys i was looking at turbos for a stock Australian 89 GSR with 4g63 stock engine ... i was woundering what you guys would consider the best turbo for the car ?

start off with the 14b or with a 16g. Really depends on what your goal is.
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

well to put it simply don't know much .. well next to nothing about turbo's still trying to learn it all but im trying

i read the TD04 was also for the galant

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ShippingPayment

or am i way off here ?

i apreciate the help guys

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Stock 6g Galant VR4 came with 450cc injectors and a TD04 14b. 6g VR4 RS came with 510cc injectors and a TD04 Big 16g. 14bs should be pretty easy to come by. Use 450cc DSM injectors, resistor pack if needed, and whatever else stock parts needed. Start off small and upgrade from there when needed.
    7g for life!

thats alot seth ,

another question will i need to replace the exaust manifold . currently have a custom manifold on the car that i think is about 1.5 inches in diameter, along with the ports done and a full exaust setup change. [previous owner did it]

logick
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eu4ia)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats alot seth ,

another question will i need to replace the exaust manifold . currently have a custom manifold on the car that i think is about 1.5 inches in diameter, along with the ports done and a full exaust setup change. [previous owner did it]</div>

if you're non turbo now you need a different manifold. need the turbo, 02 housing, different exhaust, or atleast from the 02 to your cat.

ecu, knock sensor, harnass maybe ?? , injectors . 14b should do you fine for now. intercooler + piping with a flange for your bov, bov. not sure what the spring rate is for a stock wastegate actuator, but you would want something that goes way lower then the 11psi stock setting to start.

and a shitload of time and money. why not just trade it for a vr4 ???

what happened to your 7g?

yeah, your choice is either sell it and go for a vr4 (in aus they sell for atleast 8 or 9k) or have a look here:
    http://www.adelaidejap.com.au/front%20cuts.htm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>4G63 turbo auto Â*Galant VR4 Monte Carlo 098509Kms. 220hp $2850 Â*
    4G63 Turbo Lancer Evo 1 Â* Â*$3500 Â*
    4G63 turbo ex RVR (same as Evo 1) Â* $3500 Â*
    4G63 turbo Galant VR4 Â* 185hp $3000 </div>

full front cuts, so you get engine, turbo, intercooler, etc etc, should just be a straight swap, but dont forget to add freight charges (theyre based in SA) plus mechanic charges. just depends what you were looking at!

evopwr
    do the Galant GSR and vr4 have identical engine mounts?!?!
    i know that the gsr has a 4g63 na, so im guessing it is prob the same
    but can ne1 tell me for sure?! bcause that wouldnt be a bad conversion.

too bad itll still be fwd

i'd say yes, they both being the same engine, but double check with say mitsubishi or a reliable mechanic.
    yeah, would be a good conversion if the car was still decent...eg no rust good interior etc...make for a good sleeper, just a bummer on the lack of 4wd (i have an 89 se, just dont have the money to dump one of these in)

yeah i know what you mean .. the body is rust free and the interior is perfect .. the engine needs a little work though .. but since ive got the car apart doing all the body work right about now ... ill do the engine later on when i have more cash .. id prefer to find a ZR4 but they are like impossible to find.

and the reason i haven't traded in for a VR4 is i like the hatch body shape thats why lol.

7g project ive put on the back burner at the moment i still plan on doing one .. but im gonna do some custom work on my 6g as experience before i do a total rebuild on a 7g

I know about adelaidejap .. thats where my new bonnet for my 6g is coming from.

fair enuff! i take it you've asked the same question on clubvr4.org? theyd be alot more knowing of this stuff!

Stock VR4 turbo is a 14b, TD05 not TD04. Only stock TD04 on a GVR4 is a 13g from an automatic VR4.

If your GSR is the same one we have here in the States, yours is a non-turbo also. Don't bother with trying to turbo it. It's more of a hassle than it's worth. Just buy a turbo motor ready to go and just drop it in. The mounts are the same and so are the harnesses. You'll just have to add a resistor pack and use the turbo ECU.
    Jason V.
    [b]<span style='color:red'>EVOL-ART / Evolution Artisan Tuning</span>
    If you want to fight the power, get the power to fight!
    <span style='color:blue'>C53A '89 Plymouth Colt GT Turbo 4G61T
    E38A '90 Mitsubishi Galant GSX 4G63T
    E39A '91 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 1823/2000
    D27A '90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 4G63T</span>