The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help! JDM 63T w/ Cyclone swap {renamed}

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 70 of 70
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Need some help preparing for the ecu swap and wiring of the coil pack. I have a 95 eprom gsx ecu. I'm thinkin that the wiring should be the same as my 94 ls ecu except for the wiring of the coil pack.
    I haven't taken the car apart yet, but my main concern right now is labeling all the wiring and making sure it's done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice
    Need some help preparing for the ecu swap and wiring of the coil pack. I have a 95 eprom gsx ecu. I'm thinkin that the wiring should be the same as my 94 ls ecu except for the wiring of the coil pack.
    I haven't taken the car apart yet, but my main concern right now is labeling all the wiring and making sure it's done right.
    save yourself a lot of trouble,

get a 96-98 galant harness

then all you have to do is change a couple pins and run the new wires.

with the 94 harness, you have to completely sever the stock connectors and splice in every single wire. from a eclipse ecu plug in.

as the 94 connectors are totally different.

the 96-98 are identicle pllugs to the eclipse ecu.

if you were here, i'd do one hell of a perfect and clean wiring job for you.
    when it was done it woudl be factory.

but alas...

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice
    save yourself a lot of trouble,

get a 96-98 galant harness

then all you have to do is change a couple pins and run the new wires.

with the 94 harness, you have to completely sever the stock connectors and splice in every single wire. from a eclipse ecu plug in.

as the 94 connectors are totally different.

the 96-98 are identicle pllugs to the eclipse ecu.

if you were here, i'd do one hell of a perfect and clean wiring job for you.
    when it was done it woudl be factory.

but alas...
    Ahh but what i do have is a wiring harness for 2g eclipse (turbo i believe). In reading the ECU swaps and not knowing what all the acronyms are, i get lost.

I guess the easiest way to do this would be compare the connectors of the wiring harness with the connectors on my Galant. And pair them up with those that are on the engine.

To the last point i could always ship the harness to you.

quick question, and form what i've read i don't think it's possible, but will the cyclone intake bolt to a 2g head?

it will bolt up, but the cyclone flange has about a 35% larger port than the 2g head. with one killer port job it will be a good match, but without it woudl be the ugliest step you could fathom.

that harness will help you out greatly. but you will still want an obd2 harness. thats what sabzi had to use to convert to 2g ecu.

if you shipped me your harness i woudln't be able to get all the lengths right.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Any updates on this?

222whp/250wtq

been like this since OCT. guess i'd better get back on it.

you freakin slacker.................

i should ban you where you stand

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Dude, gimme a call, I'll come help.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    you freakin slacker.................

i should ban you where you stand
    :smt044 ... :oops:

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    Dude, gimme a call, I'll come help.
    Honestly i just haven't had the time to deal with the car. Freakin cold ass weather, new girlfriend, Halo 3 and Guitar Hero 3, working retail during Christmas, football on Sundays... I just haven't had the motivation to come home and freeze my ass off busting my knuckles in the garage. But i do have a personal deadline on this. i believe the hardest part is over and now it's just little stuff.

With work being slow and vacations and time off coming up, all i'll need is a little break in the weather.

So.... I thought I'd pull this one out of the archives and do a little updating.
    Obviously she's been up and running, since January of 2008. There is probably another thread somewhere out there, maybe in the member projects section, but this one took long enough to find.

So my first trip to the jy this year i found a GS sitting in the lot, and got some much needed parts. After doing the Engine swap i never had a working Tach. I got the gauge cluster out of the GS, plugged it into my G and worked like a charm, Feels great to really know what rpm's i'm switching gears at now! Also got the much needed plug wire cover for the valve cover, as my engine didn't have one when i bought it.

I'm kind of over the tall wing look, and like the look of my car without a wing, but feel like something is missing on the back end and with all the 7g VR4 wings out there i grabbed the usdm spoiler off the GS. I should have taken the GS badge, but I'll get that another time. Funny thing is it's white so it will accent my White front bumper nicely :D (Just another part for you guy to tell me to get painted)
    I also plan to strip the paint form my interior pats and go back to the black.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234