The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help! JDM 63T w/ Cyclone swap {renamed}

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 70
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar

Help! JDM 63T w/ Cyclone swap {renamed}

I saw the thread on dsmtuners of how to rig the Cyclone intake to work on usdm dsms. Seth told me that sabzi and DOHCstuner have this setup on their Cyclone intakes with ther dohc. I was just wondering if you guys had any pics of it to post or send.

mine is activated by the ecu at 4100 rpms. i had Jeff O. at dsm chips install a driver on my ecu to utilze the egr circuit to drive a turbo eclipse fuel pressure solenoid to allow the actuator to open the butterflys at 4100rpms(same as the jdm ecu switchover point)
    you can also use the egr circuit to trigger the actuator, but its not as effective it triggers them at 3000, cause you won't be able to boost while its only long runners(torque)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

what kind of ecu do you have, i'm looking at trying to get an evo or gvr4 ecu, but not to sure where to look.

mine's a 94 eprom ecu that is i had socketed and rechipped with a keydiver chip.
    www.dsmchips.com
    eproms can be made to emulate any 1st gen dsm ecu.
    vr4, automatic, jdm, cali spec, whatever.
    same goes for second gen 95 eprom ecu's
    but only 95 ecu's there are no other eproms for the second gen.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

you say 94 eprom ecu, is that 94 galant, or 94 eclipse. if 94 galant, do all 94 galants come eprom ecu? how sweet that would be.

I'd just go out and take my ecu apart, but my car's at the paint shop.

Experienced TGC Member
    Like the man said, most people run it off one of the egr components because they are activated around the same rpms that the butterflies should open. You can get an RPM activated switch and set it to whatever RPM you want, but why spend the extra cash when the circuits are already in place for you in the ecu.

That is..if you dont have a 97 galant like I did with no EGR from factory...but then again if your dohc..you ecu swapped.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>you say 94 eprom ecu, is that 94 galant, or 94 eclipse. Â*if 94 galant, do all 94 galants come eprom ecu? Â*how sweet that would be.

I'd just go out and take my ecu apart, but my car's at the paint shop. Â*</div>

sorry, there probably aren't any eproms for the galant ecu. i meant i used an eclipse 94 eprom.
    there is also a way to use a hobs pressure activated switch to activate it at a set boost level.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i read the hobs setup off dsmtuners. but again it's set works at 3000 rpm. I guess i'm trying to figure out which way is the easiest and most effective way to utilize the cyclone intake. from what it sounds like I'm guessing the 4100 rpm, ecu chip is the way the way to go.

So i need to get an eprom ecu, get a chip to activate a fp selenoid at 4100 since that is the original jdm rpm activation for the second runner. I looked on dsm tuners, and they have the cyclone option to their chips you just have to specify it.

a hobbs switch setup wouldn't cause it to open at a certain rpm, it would cause it to open at a certain boost level. so you could set it to start opening at 9psi or so, so that it spools up fast, then opens up to give you good top end.

hey guys what intake did you get for the jdm 6bolt. I guess i'd have to treat it like a 1st gen. If i'm correct i'll still want to use the 7g=2g Mas sensor. I'm looking into the dejon's for this application, but just wanted advice before i buy the wrong one.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey guys what intake did you get for the jdm 6bolt. Â*I guess i'd have to treat it like a 1st gen. Â*If i'm correct i'll still want to use the 7g=2g Mas sensor. Â*I'm looking into the dejon's for this application, but just wanted advice before i buy the wrong one.</div>

2g Mas has a higher flow capacity compared to the 1g...I believe 20% higher either or...it will work.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    MAF Translator and a GM sensor =D thats whats going in the new project car. Ive heard good things.

Got the GM flowsensor...just need the maft .. but thats all at the bottom of my todo list
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>MAF Translator and a GM sensor =D Â*thats whats going in the new project car. Â*Ive heard good things. Â*

Got the GM flowsensor...just need the maft .. but thats all at the bottom of my todo list</div>

Ahhh...good suggestion Rob. 8) The new version even has a better control on Air/Fuel tuning too and not to mention being able to vent to the atomosphere w/o the worries of idling and spoolup!

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

you really need to tune your car to run right on a stock mas. then after that, install the maft. you can't just install the maft and expect to have a perfect map (or an identical one to stock) by just setting it to 0 for low mid and high. ask sabzi about that, i think he might have some useful feedback.
    if you get a dsmchip he can calibrate it for whatever mas and injector combination to run and idle like stock. without fucked up low throttle fuel maps, and you';ll get around the same gas mileage as with standard injectors.
    i have a 2nd gen mas with 550cc injectors, and with the chip, i get around 31 mpg on the highway(provided i keep the ecu in closed loop as much as possible, and lay off the boost) thats better than i had with my 2.4 dohc stock motor.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

indeed, out of the box, the maft does not do a good job of imitating the stock mas at reading airflow. it needs to be dialed in properly, to simulate the stock sensor as best as possible. that said, it does allow for quicker spoolup, and can count more air than the stock setup.

as for a hard intake pipe, you will want one from a 2g as well. all aftermarket ones should be big enough for a 14b, but the 2g has the shape you need.

brandon
    Aren't the 2G and 7G MAS the same??

yes they are the same.

Any one know a good place to get an EPROM Ecu. Been looking on ebay, but not too sure what to trust.

also found this

Think it's legit? they never responded to a question i asked them.

brandon
    So long as someone has good feedback on ebay you're generally okay... or find someone on dsmtrader that's Paypal verified.

in doing the engine swap, do i need to get a new wire harness or will the one for the 4g64 work with the jdm 63t. That's the only reason i was contemplating getting the wire harness, but i missed it all together

i'll check out dsmtrader

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast