The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help! JDM 63T w/ Cyclone swap {renamed}

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 70
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You just need the ECU connectors off a 2g, 2g ECU, 91+ Coil pack/Harness Connector, 7pin 91+ power transistor/Harness Connector, 1g Cam Angle Sensor/Harness connector. Other then that, you dont need the entire harness.
    7g for life!

put on your war paint, get some bolt cutters, a wire cutter and good pair of sneakers. dress in black and have your buddy arm the gettaway car. raid the yard, take what you want. and get out quick.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

brandon
    Also just an FYI regarding 94-96 and 97-98 ECUs...

94-95 ECUs are the problem child, 96 should be included with 97-98 as full OBD-II

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    Also just an FYI regarding 94-96 and 97-98 ECUs...

94-95 ECUs are the problem child, 96 should be included with 97-98 as full OBD-II
    Yes..96 7g ECU's are 4 plug and are FULL OBD-II. 1996 the Federal Govnt
    mandated all vehicles to comply with new emissions standards and utilizing OBO-II diagnostics.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Update: Decided to wait a few more weeks to do the swap.

I was going to just try to throw evrything in for HIN, but time and missing parts won't let me do that.
    Now i can do things right, like get a FMIC instead of using a stock smic, get a 255lp fuel pump so i don't melt my engine, and get a complete 3" exhaust.

so now any suggestions for fmic? i want something that can eventually hold great horsepwer, but also not too expensive... just like all things

seth what was that websight where you got yours?

I got mine from eBay off a guy named jrprp1. He still sells a lot of good FMICs. Or you could check out www.johnnyracecar.com. Seems to be a popular site nowadays.
    7g for life!

if you are going to get a 255lph, then count on getting a adjustable fuel pressure regulator. that pump will outflow you stock fuel system and regulator causing more pressure then your stock regulator--- can regulate or relieve.

rewire your fuel pump as in the vfaq for the 95-99 front wheel drive rewire http://www.raktron.com/fuel/rewire1.html , and buy a 190lph,

or get a 255 and an afpr
    http://www.vfaq.com/mods/FPR.html (b&m won't do the job)
    btw, there are fittings available on ebay so you don't have to mess with welding or tapping the fuel rail. they run about 20 bucks.

you are going to want to upgrade the restrictive stock fuel system at some point anyways to eliminate unbalanced fuel rail conditions.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Well earlier this week i sent Dejon Tool an email about trying to get fmic piping made for 7g galants that have done the 63t swap.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>If To whom it may concern,
    Â* Â*I own a 1994 Mitsubishi Galant LS(pics included). Â*Not your typical DSM, but a DSM none the less. Â*The standard engine is a 4g64 NT, same as the engine in a NT 2g eclipse spyder. Â*Very non performance oriented engine. Â*Although there are things like installing a 4g63t exhaust manifold and then building a turbo system, this i dea still doesn't enthuse me enough.
    Â* Â*The 7th gen Galant is an untapped vehicle waiting for some help. Â*There are several 7g owners that have swapped a 4g63t into their engine bays. Â*This is the route i also plan to take. Â*I have already purchased a JDM, 6 bolt, 4g63t with a Cyclone intake. Â*
    Â* Â*Where i would like to inquire the help of Dejon is in the area of cooling this engine. Â*As it stands any FMIC system is custom made. Â*I could go out and buy a universal FMIC and go to home depot and buy the piping that i need, but before i did that i thought would ask the experts for their help. Â*This would also give you guys an opportunity to be the first crack at a new market. Â*
    Â* Â*My thought on the difficulty of a project like this would be only in figuring out piping length and the angle of the bends. Â*I figured for experts such as your selves it wouldn't take that long to have the answer.
    Â* Â*I would appreciate any responce.</div>
    sent them some pics of the ride and the engine and This was their reply

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I could only do it if we had the car here to work on. Pics and measurements aren't good enough to get correct fits
    Dave </div>

This leads me to think that they are very willing to make ic piping ut just need a donor.

OK guru's more questions. I'm about to spend some more money for the last few parts(i hope) for this swap and need some answers.

1. What difference will there be between walbro 255lhp and 255lhp(high pressure) when applying it to the 4g63t?
    2. Do i get the fuel pump for a 1g, or 2g?
    3. I going to get a boost gauge, what are (if any) the advantages of the boost/vacuum gauge vs. just boost gauge
    4. For what car and year should i get prothane motor mounts; 1g eclipse, 2g eclipse, 7g galant?

All i can think of for now. Thanks for any help.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>OK guru's more questions. Â*I'm about to spend some more money for the last few parts(i hope) for this swap and need some answers.

1. What difference will there be between walbro 255lhp and 255lhp(high pressure) when applying it to the 4g63t?
    2. Do i get the fuel pump for a 1g, or 2g?
    3. I going to get a boost gauge, what are (if any) Â*the advantages of the boost/vacuum gauge vs. Â*just boost gauge
    4. For what car and year should i get prothane motor mounts; 1g eclipse, 2g eclipse, 7g galant?

All i can think of for now. Â*Thanks for any help.</div>
    your prothane mounts will be 2g mounts

get a 2g fwd fuel pump

get a vacuum/boost gauge. i doubt you will be running enough beest to need a boost only.

plus, you will learn lot about your engine and its function from vacuum.
    i can see where my turbo starts to pull, i can see if the engine is drawing a lot of vcacuum, then its running ecceptionally well that day(and you will see how this varies with ambient temperature)
    vac gauge also is a indicator that you may have developed a vac leak.

Can't wait to see another highly modified G put down some power

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Dohc, You mentioned oil cooler, should i get a 1G, or but a after market, if they make one. i saw a 1G on ebay.

i'm just running the stock 1990 oil cooler. it fits fine and is matched by the factory for this engine. i figure i can't go wrong.
    i did upgrade the oil cooler lines though from the oil filter housing.

you just need a couple of adaptor fittings and some -8 an hose.

you will need 2 16mm x 1.5 thread ----> -8 an adaptor fittings

this will allow you to run hydrolic hose on your stock 1990 oil filter.

if you run the 90 oil cooler, then you will need 2 more of these fittings for the oil cooler,
    and then the appropriate an fittings for the hose to connect the cooler to the filter housing.

its pretty easy.
    i can get you a setup locally. i got everythign i needed here, i also bought seth's fittings for his oil cooler.
    if you have a hydrolic supply shop near you. then you would be able to get everythin you need.
    i went to a place called the Parker Store.
    i got everything i needed for right around 90 bucks i think.
    all steel fittings(not crappy aluminum that strips and breaks)
    some way overkill hose rated at 12,000 psi burst strength.

so how close are we getting?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Yah I just ordered a new oil cooler off Summit today. My old one started to leak, it was beat up. I ordered one thats a bit smaller then the one I had. This one is more like the OEM 90 style:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...15&autoview=sku
    7g for life!

well. i ordered the 2g big fmic inter cooler piping from dejonpowerhouse.com yesterday, we'll see what fabrications i'll need to make it fit my fmic. The last few things i want to get is really the lsd insert from SBR and an engine lift. i wanna get the insert before i install the engine and tranny.

other things i WANT
    walbro 255
    FPR
    Boost gauge
    Pyrometer
    Tach

But they aren't essential to getting the engine in and running.

Now the biggest set back is the unstability with my job. They just sent a fax today the plan "to file a voluntary petition for relief under Chapter 11 (the Bankruptcy Code).

With that the mortgage takes first seat to money left over.

I've got a few options if the company goes under. I'm also playing in a band that brings in good money weekly. I was thinking of taking a few weeks off between jobs (if it comes to that) and doing a lot of the work on the car. But right now with this fax today, i'm probably not going to spend a lot of money right away.

whynot go with phantom grip isd inserts .... My dad insalled them on his friends honda Accord(high15's 1/4 mile) and he said the are even better then the nos

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

all the same really
    the sbr insert is much cheaper and just as solid.

actually shepard is selling a lsd inserrt for less than slowboy.... and they are the best in the business!

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

as i shop around for prices, it's kind of funny... SBR carries dejon products and dejon carries sbr products. of course if you go through one to get the others product it's a little higher priced.

DOHC the throttle body bolt pattern on the cyclone intake is comparable to 1g right? i bought the upper ic piping, and got the 1g throttle body bolt pattern. the guy said there was a difference between 1g and 2g. I wish i had more knowledge on this...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>DOHC the throttle body bolt pattern on the cyclone intake is comparable to 1g right? Â*i bought the upper ic piping, and got the 1g throttle body bolt pattern. Â*the guy said there was a difference between 1g and 2g. Â* I wish i had more knowledge on this...</div>

yeha 1g is correct. but the 1990 style throttle that comes on the cyclone isn't compadable with anything other than a 1990 ecu.

you are going to want to come across a 91-94 1g turbo throttle body if you can find one on ebay.

the difference between the two?
    1g is 60mm
    2g is 52mm
    although either one will bolt up just fine.

the IAC and the TPS are different between 1990 and 91-99

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    you are going to want to come across a 91-94 1g turbo throttle body if you can find one on ebay.</div>

OHHHH SEEEEETHH
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast