The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: viper 791 help

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

viper 791 help

bought a viper alarm 791XV last week, thursday to be correct. installers asked for the spare key when i came into the shop but it was about a 1 hour trip back home and back to the shop cus of traffic so they said they could use my key.
    since our keys have that chip in them, they had to get a DEI module for it. so dropped off the car and went to get something to eat. when i came back they said they needed the spare key too cus the remotestart wasnt turning on, onthe first try. they said tht if i brought the second key, they could get it to work just fine.
    so far, it works 100% of the time on the second attempt on turning on the G with the remote start.

so what do you guys think? if it was the unit that had a problem it wouldnt start on the second attempt all the time right?

i only have one key left and if they're planning on taking it apart like they did with my first key, i'm gonna try to get them to agree to dish out the 80-100 bucks mitsu charges for new reprogrammed keys if it doenst solve the problem....

loser00
    ok first what g do you have
    2nd you should have to take the key apart cause it should have a slot that the key fits into to mke the remote start work any more Q. pm. me i just put remote start on my car myself and its a 8th gen i can get the paper work for are cars for that stuff so if people want to do it them selfs just ask

im trying to install my alarm too so if you could send me any info to make my life easier would be appreciated

also an 03

loser00
    like i said pm me if you need the print out of your car by that i mean the wireing sheet give me the year and it has to be a galant or i cant do it