The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stop light .. jerks.. shuts off???/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 55

stop light .. jerks.. shuts off???/

hey guys.. i am havin this problem where.. the car.. run somethely and than when the rpm starts going down... the car kinda jerks off and shut off.. only at intersections or at lights.. but when i drive.. it on freeway.. its ok.. but than when i go around 80 it strats jerking again so.. i am way lost.. please help!!!

did you just change the plugs and wires or take the intake manifold off lately?? if you did then i would check your bolts on that and definately change the gaskets if you haven't... may also have a vaccuum leak somewhere else

Re: stop light .. jerks.. shuts off???/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey guys.. i am havin this problem where.. the car.. run somethely and than when the rpm starts going down... the car kinda jerks off and shut off.. only at intersections or at lights.. but when i drive.. it on freeway.. its ok.. but than when i go around 80 it strats jerking again so.. i am way lost.. please help!!!</div>

V6?
    Love,
    Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    V6?</div>
    i4

i have not changed the spark plugs and stuff like that,.. intake i cleaned couple of months ago so.. , i still need to do the major service.. at 90000miles... already did the 60 thousand miles. one.. so.. what do u guys think..

hmmm, i dunno...i have the V6 and mine did this until i changed the intake mani gaskets after my plug install.... you could have a vaccuum leak somewhere... check the EGR valve too... also, check you air filter, could be dirty/clogged

Mine did the same thing, once I replaced one of the 02's it went away.
    Love,
    Matt

.. came to know .... the connector part of the intake was broken.. do u guys know how much will it cost me to replace it.. meaning the intake is fine but the part where it bolt on to the engine is broken.. the brackets i gues..

check your battery. brackets don't cause your car to shut down.

the intake where it is suppose to be bolted on to teh engine..has broken so.... thats what they told me.. .. how would be that part?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>the intake where it is suppose to be bolted on to teh engine..has broken so.... thats what they told me.. .. how would be that part?</div>

so you have a broken intake manifold? take a picture so we have a better idea of what you are talking about. if it is a broken intake manifold then you can ask KRISPY what it costs to fix since he has broken 2 of them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mine did the same thing, once I replaced one of the 02's it went away.</div>

do you remember which O2 you replaced? Mine is doing the samething.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey guys.. i am havin this problem where.. the car.. run somethely and than when the rpm starts going down... the car kinda jerks off </div>

lol

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

hey relax.. thanks .. see my bro took the car to SF and it happened there so.. there is no way i can take pixs.. but that what he told me and he took it to a shop.. and they told him the connector is broken.. not to sure what it is called but... yea.. the injen intake is fine though..

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>the intake where it is suppose to be bolted on to teh engine..has broken so.... thats what they told me.. .. how would be that part?</div>

so you have a broken intake manifold? take a picture so we have a better idea of what you are talking about. if it is a broken intake manifold then you can ask KRISPY what it costs to fix since he has broken 2 of them.</div>
    sarcastic lol...
    neel does it look like this?

thanks krispy.. for ur help.. .. need some suggestions on which intake manifold will fit my 2000 g??... is it better to get a new car one or/???

new of used they come with a 6month warrenty

called a couple of places.. and one of them said.. the 99 will not fit the 2000.... and they mentioned something about whether it is aluminum ... or plastic.. and regarding warrenty....he mentioned.. its working.. and started givin me some examples of glass being broken or not.. wtf.. please help... what do u guys think?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>called a couple of places.. and one of them said.. the 99 will not fit the 2000.... and they mentioned something about whether it is aluminum ... or plastic.. and regarding warrenty....he mentioned.. its working.. Â* and started givin me some examples of glass being broken or not.. wtf.. Â*please help... what do u guys think?</div>

did anyone understand this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast