The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stop light .. jerks.. shuts off???/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 55
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>called a couple of places.. and one of them said.. the 99 will not fit the 2000.... and they mentioned something about whether it is aluminum ... or plastic.. and regarding warrenty....he mentioned.. its working.. Â* and started givin me some examples of glass being broken or not.. wtf.. Â*please help... what do u guys think?</div>

did anyone understand this?</div>

does he want us to fill in the blanks or something?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i am just askin what u guys suggest.... if u wanna help please do..

we wanna help but we don't understand what words to put in then u do the dot dot dot thing.

ok sorry about that..
    see i called a place thru carparts .com
    #they mentioned that a 1999 one wont fit the 2000... but i said it will.. so..

He asked me these question
    #than he asked me if intake manifold is mine aluminium or plastic?.. i am not sure about that. help!!
    # when i asked about warrenty.. he being sarcastic.. said the unit is like glass.. breaks or is good.. i was like wtf.. i talked to krispy and he mentioned that they usually give warrenty.. what do u guys suggest i should do not..

.. is there a small pipe which exists between the intake manifold and the intake itself??

so which one wil fit.. what years?

look at the date your car was made. if you car was made after july 99 then u need the newer intake manifold. if its before, you need the older intake manifold.

i have heard that any intake manifold will fit but it has to be from 99-2002... is that right?

im looking at an online parts catalog click click and i see that there were 3 different intake manifolds for the galant. the 98-july 99 manifold, the july 99 -01 manifold and the 02-03 manifold.

the big thing that concerns me is that the 98-july99 manifold has a different gasket than the newer 8g manifold which might show the big difference between the 98-july99 manifolds and the new ones

so all 3 are different intake mani's... ????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>so all 3 are different intake mani's... ????</div>

whats the point of me saying 3 if they were all the same?? ov course there are 3 different manifolds. 3 different part numbers.

is intake air remperature sensor same as intake manifold???

8G_GTZ
    no, because one is the intake manifold temp. sensor and one is the intake manifold.

i think you should just buy an intake manifold, then if it still does it, keep spending money on things till it works. but you need to do your 90k check up.

Steve

This is a classic thread...

Coming next week...how to tie your shoes.
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    i can whipe my own ass........

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mine did the same thing, once I replaced one of the 02's it went away.</div>

do you remember which O2 you replaced? Mine is doing the samething.</div>

I had to replace all of them, I was getting codes left and right, since I replaced them the car is running great and no more codes plus it got rid of the stalling problem.
    Love,
    Matt

so u guys suggest to change the whole intake manifold ? but what year will fit as pinoy said that they have different ones... for our 8g's

Dude...
    Love,
    Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dude...</div>
    .... sorry but i am not as much knowlegable as u are regarding this matter .. so if u wanna.. that would be great..

imma take a stab in the dark and say the manifold made for your year galant would fit your galant. but im no rocket scientist. all i know is that hooked on phonics worked for me.

thanks a lot guys for ur help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast