The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stop light .. jerks.. shuts off???/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 55 of 55
    Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>imma take a stab in the dark and say the manifold made for your year galant would fit your galant. but im no rocket scientist. all i know is that hooked on phonics worked for me.</div> :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dave1
    neel.

for one you take it to some shop and they cant tell you how much it is, nor the name of the part even..

and two everyone helped you out told you what it was, what years fit and what not, and you still are acting like your lost..

i hope to god you dont install this your self because you'll be on here asking how to remove the tape that seals the box the part comes in

Amen.
    Love,
    Matt

i am just making sure what part to buy as it an expencive one so.. ..

OMG. we are trying our best not to pick on you but you are not helping.

my best advice to YOU is: DO NOT work on your own car. i don't usually suggest this but just bring it to the dealership.

they will fix it...

it will be expensive...

but it won't b nearly as expensive as YOU fixing it or bringing it to an unintelligent/ unqualified mechanic that can't or doesn't know how to order parts or which parts to order.

just let someone qualified fix it for you since all the answers you have received from us still don't make sense to you or else you just outright refuse to accept our answers no matter how we restate them for you to more easily grasp.

BRING YOUR CAR TO THE DEALERSHIP.

i am going to take it my mechanic.. but i have to take the parts so.. i am just asking.. whether apart from 2002 will work or not? ....pinoyv6 has pointed it out that out but krispy mentioned about most of them working so.. 2 different opinion so.. i am lost..

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    M&S Recycling
    3590 sunrise blvd unit 1
    Rancho Cordova CA 95742

www.msrecycling.com

is where i got mine.

Quote Originally Posted by neel9
    i am going to take it my mechanic.. but i have to take the parts so.. i am just asking.. whether apart from 2002 will work or not? ....pinoyv6 has pointed it out that out but krispy mentioned about most of them working so.. 2 different opinion so.. i am lost..
    dude JUST BRING IT TO THE DEALERSHIP. if your mechanic doesn't know how to order parts or which ones to order, he shouldn't b working on your car. if you are determined to save money then at least bring it to a certfied mechanic w/ is own shop... it sounds like your are bringing it to some guy to work on in his yard.

the mechanic is just going to help me install it.. nothin else.. i have to get the parts. so i thought ask u guys. i know 2000 intake mani will fit as same year as the car but incase i cannot get a used one for a 2000 , than what year should i look for. thats the answer i am lookin for.. sorry about this..

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    Mine did the same thing, once I replaced one of the 02's it went away.
    do you remember which O2 you replaced? Mine is doing the samething.
    I had to replace all of them, I was getting codes left and right, since I replaced them the car is running great and no more codes plus it got rid of the stalling problem.
    thanks, Matt

Quote Originally Posted by neel9
    the mechanic is just going to help me install it.. nothin else.. i have to get the parts. so i thought ask u guys. i know 2000 intake mani will fit as same year as the car but incase i cannot get a used one for a 2000 , than what year should i look for. thats the answer i am lookin for.. sorry about this..
    are you even reading the answers given to you in THIS thread?

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    im looking at an online parts catalog click click and i see that there were 3 different intake manifolds for the galant. the 98-july 99 manifold, the july 99 -01 manifold and the 02-03 manifold.

the big thing that concerns me is that the 98-july99 manifold has a different gasket than the newer 8g manifold which might show the big difference between the 98-july99 manifolds and the new ones
    if you have a 2000, the 99-01 manifold is the ONE for you. if you can't get that part used then get it new. jeez.

good luck and may the force be with you.

dave1
    hey neel the best way to fix this problem is to look under the hood. you see those 2 wires that go into the top of the engine? they are kinda thick.. well take a steak knife and cut them all.. problem solved

hey relex.. i know the answer was given to me.. but .. i talked to kirspy and some other people and they mentioned the 2002 wil fit too and i can get it used.. so. i was just asking... if it fits for sure.. i am not that dum.. just that u did not get what i was sayin.. but thats my mistake.. so..

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dave1)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey neel the best way to fix this problem is to look under the hood. you see those 2 wires that go into the top of the engine? they are kinda thick.. well take a steak knife and cut them all.. problem solved</div>
    careful he might do it man!....

this thread is hilarious i have read it twice and im LMAO.......omg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123