The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Motor Mount Inserts

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Motor Mount Inserts

Has anyone ever bought/installed motor mount inserts on the 7G Auto? I searched and got very few results. After checking CAPS (thanks Seth), I ran into some issues with the front/rear mounts. Apparently the top tranny/driverside mounts work directly from a 2G Eclipse Turbo, but the front/side do not. Anyone have any input on this?

NOTE: I know that installing the inserts to stiffen up the mounts will cause more vibration, but I need to replace mine anyways, so I figured, "Why not go ahead and upgrade?" 8)

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Heres the parts numbers:

7g SOHC A/T
    MR130007/MB911272(Top Trans) ES FED
    MB911271(Driverside)
    MR103814(Front Trans)
    MR103817(Rear Trans)

7g SOHC M/T
    MR130007/MB911272(Top Trans)
    MB911271(Driverside)
    MB844274(Front Trans)
    MB911266(Rear Trans)

2g GST MT
    MB911272(Top Trans)
    MB911270(Driverside)
    MB844274(Front Trans)
    MB911266(Rear Trans)

2g GST A/T
    MB911272(Top Trans)
    MB911270(Driverside)
    MB844275(Front Trans)
    MB844289(Rear Trans)

From my experience. I have Auto mounts all around. I have 2g prothane inserts in the top trans and driverside. The front/rear trans would not fit, way too small. Now Im not sure why Im getting two different numbers for the 7g top trans mounts. Depending on what models I pick, I get different part numbers. O well...
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    man if you have an auto don't get those inserts... trust me! I got em thinking that it would be just a little vibration.... WRONG!!! it feels like i have a badass system in car except the car is rattling like shit and there is no music... you can't hear yourself talk. The screws in my lower dash panels rattled out. Inserts + autos. = suck...

I ordered 4 brand new engine mounts on ebay for 70 bucks shipped... i'd suggest getting them and maybe filling them 3/4... but definitely not the inserts

when is we gon be free????

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Just fill your mounts with urethane. $10-$13 from either Home Depot or Lowes. I was going to buy the inserts...but didn't look like it would fit the front and rear tranny mounts.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

i have inserts in my front and rear, a complete polyerethane bushing set installed, and every exhaust hanger from my downpipe to my muffler is a polyurethane hanger. I really don't notice any vibration. at all. I thougt i would. but i don't.

the poly hangers took the nasty vibration out of my exhaust, know its just throaty and smooth. except when its cold, but once the engine and exhaust warm up it sounds great. i think they help to dampen the vibration that causes all that nasty lawnmower resonance. and they didn't transfer any vibration to the cabin either.
    when your exhaust gets warm and your rubber hangers warm up, they do nothing to eliminate the harsh vibration that causes that nasty sound.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4-G-rim)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just fill your mounts with urethane. $10-$13 from either Home Depot or Lowes. I was going to buy the inserts...but didn't look like it would fit the front and rear tranny mounts.</div>

Gonna try filling them first and see how it go es. I know the front mount is cracked. Should I just fill it or get a new one and then attempt to fill it?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(agrsv7g)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4-G-rim)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just fill your mounts with urethane. $10-$13 from either Home Depot or Lowes. I was going to buy the inserts...but didn't look like it would fit the front and rear tranny mounts.</div>

Gonna try filling them first and see how it go es. I know the front mount is cracked. Should I just fill it or get a new one and then attempt to fill it?</div>

I would go ahead and just invest getting a new mount then filling it

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hodgson316)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I ordered 4 brand new engine mounts on ebay for 70 bucks shipped... i'd suggest getting them and maybe filling them 3/4... but definitely not the inserts</div>

Got a link to that auction??? Does he have any more???