The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sylvania Silverstar Headlight

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    bibip

Sylvania Silverstar Headlight

I would like to replace my stock headlights, I need something that lights the road better.. I have heard that the Sylvania Silverstar headlights are pretty good. Any opinions on them? If I buy them, will I be able to just replace the stock ones with them, or do I need to modify/add something else? I also saw the Sylvania Xtravision, Anyone tried them?

thanks!

Experienced TGC Member
    Silverstars require a lot of modification in order to fit our galants... lol

lol just shittin ya.

I have the silverstars and am pretty happy with them. A huge improvement of lighting compared to stock lights, whiter, better output and visibility than the stockers... you can go PIAA as well, but tend to be a bit more expensive if i'm not mistaken...
    -Chris

I have the PIAA's. About $60 for the pair.

Had a pair of PIAA's that i bought for about $65 and were great until one went out then I didnt feel like paying that price again for another pair, so I went with Silverstars. They dont light up the color that I want although they are a lot whiter than stock, but they are a bit brighter than the PIAA's I had cuz they had a purlplish tint to them which lit up cool, but werent as bright.

Still the best way to go is HID, which im tryin to put money aside for!!!

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

Unless you get the PIAA Super Plasma GTX, Sylvania Silverstars are much whiter than any other piaas imo. I went through 3 pairs of piaa bulbs and they only lasted for a year or so....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(icEbErg629)</div><div class='quotemain'>Unless you get the PIAA Super Plasma GTX, Sylvania Silverstars are much whiter than any other piaas imo. I went through 3 pairs of piaa bulbs and they only lasted for a year or so....</div>

I had the Super Plasma GT-X ones. They lit up really nice, but I really dont feel they were that bright. Yea they were brighter than the EuroDesigns ones I got from ebay and had a truer color, but you still lose actual sight from the light being colored.

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

I had problems with silverstars, wouldnt last more than 6 months. I had replaced it 3x already

Faction
    what was that brand that started with an N? something like nokya or something i forgot

Experienced TGC Member
    ya, Nokya if i'm not mistaken

but huh, i've had my silverstars on for almost 2 years now and they've been great
    -Chris

i've had mine since they first came out in 2002 with no problems. i even transferred them into my new headlights when the ones i had got messed up in an accident.

here are some daytime shots

nighttime shot

the light output without my fogs

and the output with my fogs, you can see the whiteness on top of the yellowness of the fogs. there isn't much distance from the lights to the stuff i have in my garage so they blend in a lil more than they would if you were on the street

here's a shot when they are off. i love how the bulb glass is slightly blue but does'nt leave that awful blue headlight look that other bulbs leave when they are off

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Happy w/ mine

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    PIAA has always been good with high quality halogens, Sylvania Silverstar have a huge following though, both good bulb manufacturers
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Bought a pair of Silverstars after the Raybrig lights went out. Other than the brightness, it's pretty hard to get used to blue-purple-white light to a very bright halogen light.

spartus
    I just bought a pair today and so far I like them. I had a pair of Nokya's and they ended up frying my harness and were almost too blue. I think these are a good compermise...

I love my PIAA PLASMA GTX blubs. Although I wish they were a bit brighter. Yes they were expensive. My bro had them to, but one of his blew out. He then got these Nokya 7000k Artic White Blubs at the price of 18.99 and they are brighter than mine by just by a little bit. Its hard to tell. I was wondering if there is any way I can get brighter 893 series blubs for the fog light. I was also thinking I might get a yellow blub intsead if I can't find any others. I got these Euro lights plasma blubs and they are trash. They aren't too different from the stock ones.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    I've got the silverstars...no complaints from me...only from my friends when they drive in front of me! All they do is complain about the brightness...sucks for them. The light color is very white...with a hint of blue(more noticeable with the high beams), and I think that slight hint of blue in the bulb makes the lights look cooler in the daytime when shut off.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

I have the "N" brand Nokya. So far they have held up well....I've had them for about 2 years. I have the Artic White color output but they also come in a Purple hue which is pretty neat looking as you see every import running around with blue headlights.

They were only 20 bucks w/ shipping as well.
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

i really like silverstars, i'm already on my second pair. and on highbeam, it really sucks for the driver in front of you. i have friends who can attest to this lol!

[edit: btw, my sig has silverstars with cleared corners with the very basic sylvania 1157s. you know, the ~$1.99 ones lol]