The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: transmission problem

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

transmission problem

my problem is with my automatic transmission. (Yeah, still auto) I checked my fluid level and condition. everything looks good. color and level are fine. I used mitsubishi atf. my problem is I dont appear to have OD. also it shifts funny and sometimes late. or not at all. seems to always get stuck in 3rd. sluggish and slow acceleration. what gives?

your tranny is about to go

Thats the same thing that happended to me before my tranny went 6 months ago
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    that's the exact same thing that happened to me in LA when my tranny went out. i didn't have my OD gear anymore, so i had to drive an hour back in 3rd
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

still need some parts for the 5spd swap, I hate being jobless. Anything I can do to milk the final life from my auto?

Quote Originally Posted by 95mitsu03
    still need some parts for the 5spd swap, I hate being jobless. Anything I can do to milk the final life from my auto?
    neutral drops

goto kragen and pick up automatric transmission fluid fixer or healer or any of those things that help prolong the life of the tranny. it worked for me for over 5K miles

1994 Galant GS 5spd

sorry to be off topic matt, but how is your car running? no problems yet right? now you did the tuning yourself right?

Quote Originally Posted by 95mitsu03
    sorry to be off topic matt, but how is your car running? no problems yet right? now you did the tuning yourself right?
    everything turbo related is running perfectly. however, my clutch line is still giving me shit after 8 months and i have an oil leak at the drain pan where it mates to the turbo return line. one of the nuts is stripped inside the drain pan, so the return line is only hanging on by one bolt. and yeah, did all the "tuning" myself, which is basically me with an afc2, egt and narrowband voltage readout. wideband to come

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    what parts do you need ofr the trany swap. I have a stock clutch, and 7 bolt flywheel i need to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice
    what parts do you need ofr the trany swap. I have a stock clutch, and 7 bolt flywheel i need to get rid of.
    what condition is this flywheel in?

the transmission shifts hard when its cool, as it gets warmer, it will do what I said above.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    i bought the flywheel off ebay from a guy who had it for his 7bolt 63t. He said it was an rre lightened stock flywheel. I ended up ordering a 6 bolt for my 63t, and have never used the flywheel. Not too sure if it's a lightened stock flywheel or not. It's considerably heavier than the light weight 6bolt i have. I don't need it so i can get rid of it pretty cheap, so just quote me a price. Don't forget to include shipping with your quote ....... if you even want it.

i do have a pic i could send

spyder97gs
    As for 4th gear not engaging, your end clutches are fried and need to be replaced. They can be had for $90 from IPT.

Russian7G
    And speaking of problems when warmed up, have you checked your tranny cooler line? That could be the source of all other problems with your tranny. 7Gs are notorious for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian7G
    And speaking of problems when warmed up, have you checked your tranny cooler line? That could be the source of all other problems with your tranny. 7Gs are notorious for that.
    I add Lucas Transmission Fix, the transmission now shifts smoothly, like new. You might be right. The last few days here have been 90+degrees. Plus my bro started to learn driving. Parkinglot right now. He was driving forward and reverse in all that heat. Do you thing maybe its like why it started to happen?Also my front bumper is not held on right from the accident. Maybe some debris got into the cooler? I was having problems overheating. I took a garden hose and sprayed down the raditor. Has not overheated since that time.

Russian7G
    disconnect the cooling lines from tranny and try blowing some compressed air into the cooler, check if there are any debris inside

Quote Originally Posted by Russian7G
    disconnect the cooling lines from tranny and try blowing some compressed air into the cooler, check if there are any debris inside
    Will do, thanks. I will check to see if anythings there.

Russian7G
    i would blow some air into lines that come from tranny too - in case the line is blocked inside the tranny

SamirDarji