The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: NOS Laws

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    MnGalant

NOS Laws

Is nos street legal. Ive been doing a search all over the place and cant find the lwas on it. I live in minnesota and many cars have it but was just wondering the laws before i think of getting it.

what do u mean street legal? i mean its just nitrous oxide.

but then using it on the street is another thing. i mean it isn't too often that you'll see speed limit signs that have speeds where you'd actually use NOS efficiently. i mean street racing is illegal and i doub't ur gonna need NOS to pass that car next to you on the highway...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

MnGalant
    I mean to have it hooked up to the car.

i'd get a hold of a local law book. the library might have a copy. check out the DMV or even the state police for a copy or some kind of written proof. in many states it is illegal. and in others it just has to be hooked up a certain way.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

stephen7983
    I agree, it is flagrant to say that NOS is illegal. You don't need NOS to pass anyone on the road. Another reason why NOS may also be illegal is that it is highly flammable. If not used properly or if something goes wrong, you can blow yourself up. That's a serious road hazard...But then again check your local laws. I heard a story before that this guy's car was towed away when the cop found NOS in his trunk. I mean logically speaking if a cop finds NOS in the trunk of your car, it is evident for the cop to assume that it is used for the purpose of street racing.

Black2k1GTZ
    Well from what I know...now this is Chicago/Illinois law. You can have a nitrous system installed...as long as it is not active. Meaning you cant have nitrous in the lines...so you really cant be ready to just hit the button and jet. Now I have seen cops make the driver press the button on the steering wheel while its parked...which if its not purged properly afterwards...will cause a cool green fire!!!!!!! The best way to "hide" it is to not make it look like you have a nitrous system in the car. The cop cant make you open the trunk without probably cause...and "suspicion of having NOS" is not grounds for a car search. You can get hidden triggers...like in the RX-7 in F&F...if it doesnt look like you have it...how can you get in trouble for it. Or go with a computer controlled system like the ZEX kit...and just leave it turned off when you arent using it!!!

MArc :mg:

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I know its not illegal to have it out here in Fl, just about most of they guyz that i know have some kind of nitrous set-up.. I have had cops make me open my trunk on several different occasions, and like alwayz i get the usual reaction of why do u have all this, are u a street racer, and then they ask me how fast can i go.. So ask u can see its kinda hard to hide, i mean i there are 2 10lbs bottles in the trunk not including the 50-shot cheater under the rear seat... The way i see it, if they dont see it, u cant get ticketed for it.. I say go ahead and get it..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

in va its a $350 fine for having your bottle hooked up if you get pulled over. Unless if you're on the way to the track.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>I know its not illegal to have it out here in Fl, just about most of they guyz that i know have some kind of nitrous set-up.. I have had cops make me open my trunk on several different occasions, and like alwayz i get the usual reaction of why do u have all this, are u a street racer, and then they ask me how fast can i go.. So ask u can see its kinda hard to hide, i mean i there are 2 10lbs bottles in the trunk not including the 50-shot cheater under the rear seat... The way i see it, if they dont see it, u cant get ticketed for it.. I say go ahead and get it..</div>

That's what I love about Florida.I am still in the process of deciding if I wanna run Nos. I was thinking of just running a small dry shot. probably with the Venom system.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Black2k1GTZ
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VA_GALANT_RACER)</div><div class='quotemain'>in va its a $350 fine for having your bottle hooked up if you get pulled over. Â*Unless if you're on the way to the track.</div>

See the thing you guys are missing is the fact that a cop CAN NOT look in your trunk without having probable cause. And having nitrous in the trunk isnt cause enough to let them search your car...the thing alot of people dont realise is that you can tell a cop to fuck off...not in so many words...but if you are familiar with the laws in your area concerning cars...you know what your rights are.

Like I said in my previous post...if they dont know you have it...then they cant bust you for it...dont go slapping NOS stickers all over your car...and dont have a big arming switch...and you shouldnt have to worry about it!!!

Marc :mg:

What I've heard is if it's active then it's illegal. But if it's inactive w/ a manual shutoff valve in off it's not considered illegal. It's just what I've heard so don't quote me on that; besides, every local law is different.

So to be on the safe side, purge your system and shutdown everything before you stop for the cops, hehe.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Galant01
    In PA, it is legal to have but illegal to spray on the road. You just have to look for cops before you push the button.