The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: *Checking interest* Megan Racing Bolt on Axle-Back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar

*Checking interest* Megan Racing Bolt on Axle-Back

Well I was in search of the OBX Bolt on Axle back a little bit ago and found out they didn't make it anymore, and I noticed that Megan Racing has begun making Axle Backs for some different applications, so I was going to contact them and ask if they would ever make one for the Galant and figured I'd gauge interest on here to have more power behind my request. 7Gers can post too if interested, I just wanted to see how much people out there would be interested in a possible production of this and maybe a future GB. Thanks - Arel

list so far

1. Serstylz2
    2. Quicksilver22
    3. Cardude03 - maybe??
    4. Jet Black
    5. SPEEDDEMON03
    6. Alexey

maximus
    You know they make a full cat-back exhaust right? Ohh I just got my manifold in today.I can't wait to install it and burn the tires off the g ride.Haha later maximus

try http://mufflertech.com/htmlsite/products.a...0&pstring=26,27 ive heard theyre supposed to work fairly good. and for like $180 shipped its not a bad price. and they use the OBX B5 and will use anyother at request.
    eric

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amnbrueckner
    try http://mufflertech.com/htmlsite/products.a...0&pstring=26,27 ive heard theyre supposed to work fairly good. and for like $180 shipped its not a bad price. and they use the OBX B5 and will use anyother at request.
    eric
    don't make it anymore, sorry

good ahead and put me down as an interest bro.. you know i'm up for it 8)
    -Chris

kool kool.. only reason that I havent examined this more in depth (aka bumped the topic) is because Maximus made a good point talking about the catback they already offer for our car.. but shit its worth a try, and I think the cat-back is that tilted exhaust and I would ask for the straight look. I'll keep u posted on this Quick

TGC Regular
    i'd possibly be interested in some sort of bolt-on catback for our G's. although i know the dynomax is still available. what size piping were you planning on going with/asking for? im assuming they would all have the same size piping. would they all come with the same muffler/tip or could we maybe like, choose our own? or just buy the cat-back without a muffler? and is this piping gonna be mandrel bent? just wondering about some stuff.

2.5" piping.. the bends if any would be mandrel, this would be a request for an axle back bolt on, not catback bolt on. They make a catback already, although i think welding is involved.. and it would come w. a choice of slanted tip or straight tip i believe

Experienced TGC Member
    Im mos def intrested in axle-back.

sorry but whats the diffrence with cat-back and axle-back

cat back includes the piping all the way from your first catalytic converter and is a full new exhaust. which also means $$$. Axle-back starts right at the rear axle and is just that portion of the exhaust, therefore not removing any resonators or catalytic converters, and less $$$. plus this would be a bolt-on application, which means no $$ spent on install, you can do it yourself with the right tools

axle back

cat back

TGC Regular
    yeh, i'd be in for sure, does anyone have a rough guestimate ball park range on the price? more or less than 200? closer to 400? and do you have any pix of the kinds of tips you are talking about?

well the msrp on their site for the full cat back is 379.95 and since they sell openly on Ebay I'd say the Axle back could go for around 150-200, hopefully cheaper if we do some sort of Group Buy for em. The straight tip would look like so, sorry for the massive pic

slant tip

and silencers would be requested for both style tips

interested

TGC Regular
    okay, yeh, well, see, those tips are a little too big for my tastes. soooo, how hard do you think it would be for me to take off the tip it comes with and put a new one on? or maybe is it possible for me to request mine to not come with a tip/muffler? i dont want to be a pain in the ass, so if this is going to cuase even the slightest problem, then i'm totally cool with whatever.

well you could always cut the muffler off of the extra piping and selling it seperately or something.. that would be up to you..

axle back

Hmmm -- i have the megan racing catback and i coulda sworn the axle back portion of it fits the stock flange fine ? when i took mine out i remember it lining up correctly but ill check again. My muffler is angled and 4in tip with 2.5 in through catback.. . If im right then they should already have an angled axleback that they can use..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Re: axle back

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Johnathansgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hmmm -- i have the megan racing catback and i coulda sworn the axle back portion of it fits the stock flange fine ? Â*when i took mine out i remember it lining up correctly but ill check again. Â*My muffler is angled and 4in tip with 2.5 in through catback.. . Â*If im right then they should already have an angled axleback that they can use..</div>

Let us know if you do happen to check, that'd be nice

exhaust

Im mistaken -- the flange on the original exhast has three bolts where the megan racing has two one on each side. the stock has one bolt in the center and two bolts on the bottom corners. like a house looking flange. so i guess the will have to redesign the flange.. but if u want to upgrade to there catback then it will have to be modified again i would think.. i dont have my hydro jack so i cant get good pics but i will post if i can..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver22

don't make it anymore, sorry

8)
    They dont??? then why are they still listing them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast