The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: body kit installation help

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

body kit installation help

i recently got a body if from ebay for my car,
    it is an invader body kit made of hand-laid fiberglass w/epoxy resin but im not sure how hard it will be to install. if its too hard i will get it professionally installed but i was trying to save some money...

putting on the kit is the easy part IMO. getting it to fit right is what will be the factor between you installing it yourself and a shop. even though 2 kits look exactly alike the fitment of the kits can be very different. do a test fit and see how the fitment is and needs to be done. then u can gauge on if you can install it yourself

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

if it doesnt fit perfect, can i just cut it and bondo?
    do some sanding?

you do what you got to do. if you odn't need to cut then don't cut. if you have to fill then fill.

but i do highly recommend learning to fiberglass instead of just piling the bondo over

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Mindless
    Fiberglassing is easy. You can do it or you can have a shop over charge you to do it.

body work... is not my thing. i ended up scheduling an appointment with this guy i know at a body shop. the side skirts are so bad its gonna take him 2 weeks :evil: hes only charging 35 an hour though, so with paint and all it shouldnt be more than 600

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by frag_daddy_2007
    body work... is not my thing. i ended up scheduling an appointment with this guy i know at a body shop. the side skirts are so bad its gonna take him 2 weeks :evil: hes only charging 35 an hour though, so with paint and all it shouldnt be more than 600
    For 600 I'd still take a whack at it myself first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindless
    For 600 I'd still take a whack at it myself first.
    well thats the thing, i tried and when i realized the the side skirts were too short i decided that i better leave that to the pro's, i dont want it to look ghetto from using duct tape.
    but there is some good news, he doesnt have any other cars to work on, so it probably wont take him near as long, only 5 days is what he told me. also the paint is going to be cheaper because he had some already, so it wont have to be ordered