The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Performance modulators

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    i took out my resonator box and it did nothing, noting to sound or power, it was the same, so i put the box back in it

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'>This "module" that you are talking about basically tells the computer the incoming air temperature is colder than it is...

It might work, it might not, but here's the kicker, the car's got a set of fuel maps (or might constantly change, not sure, I just got my car).

Your car, when it's cold out side, WILL work better, because the air is denser creating more power; we all know the drill, however, the engine compensates for that so predetonation doesn't occur, you add this little sucker I can almost guarantee it will and say bye bye warranty for sure.

The aftermarket intakes are there to increase the noise, that's about it, sure on some cars the noise reduction methods on certain cars are worse than others (from the looks of it, it looks like we have two silencer boxes throughout our intake tract) which removing those out probably would net a few RWHP, but anything past that I doubt it...</div>

You mean FWHP?

Galantus,

It probbaly doesn't sound different because we have so much sound insulation in our cars. If you stuck your head in the engine bay and still didn't hear the difference...

Xrs2,

Yeah, sorry, used to driving my old Supercharged RX-7!
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

TGC Regular
    rx-7's come supercharged?
    Your signature is too long.

No, I supercharged it...

Rising_Suns
    It should also be noted that intake upgrades should always be done with an exhaust upgrade as well, otheriwse your gains will probably be negligable. It doesn't do much good if the car can take in more air, but can't get rid of it, you know? Also, as has been mentioned NA cars see less gains than forced induction.

Tech_GreeK,
    Just out of curiousity, what were your numbers on your RX-7S?

-Davide

Around 200 RWHP, never dyno'ed it.

Ran a [email protected] mph with a 2.4 60 foot because my transmission was acting up, and it was a non-lsd.

- Tech

Rising_Suns
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Greek
    Around 200 RWHP, never dyno'ed it.

Ran a [email protected] mph with a 2.4 60 foot because my transmission was acting up, and it was a non-lsd.

- Tech
    Not bad for rotary.

Hey, my numbers weren't much better and I had 80 more horses than you to the wheels (14.3 @ 107mph). That's the same night I kicked myself in the butt for buying a FWD for the track. lol.

I bet your car was a blast to drive in the moutains.

-Davide

No mountains here but there are a lot of twisties here so yes, when the instant boost hits coming out of the turn, you learn to love it over a turbo unless you get someone that can make instant boost with a turbo.

The 200HP, was just the blower and a racing beat cat back, nothing else in terms of fuel supply, I had the 10-12 PSI pulley however I only could put the 7 PSI pulley on there due to fuel supply issues, so it defintley had a lot more room to go hp wise.

Rising_Suns
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Greek
    No mountains here but there are a lot of twisties here so yes, when the instant boost hits coming out of the turn, you learn to love it over a turbo unless you get someone that can make instant boost with a turbo.

The 200HP, was just the blower and a racing beat cat back, nothing else in terms of fuel supply, I had the 10-12 PSI pulley however I only could put the 7 PSI pulley on there due to fuel supply issues, so it defintley had a lot more room to go hp wise.
    Nice. Yeah, my buddy supercharged his Tiburon. It was pretty nice, with a nice linear power curve throughout...not as much punch as a turbo, but definately more reponsive. The turbo I had for my eclipse didn't spool up until about 4,000rpm, which could get burdensome at times for the street. It was too large of a turbo for autocross, but just right for the track.

Oh defintley, but then again, when you can upgrade the internals of an RX7 to put out around 500 RWHP efficiently with instant boost, theres no point of a Supercharger, I just did it to be different - I knew hte power wouldn't be there as much as I had everything ready for a turbo swap and choose the earlier.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>dunno about the modulator but u wont see 10 hp from an intake</div>

http://www.f5air.com/images/dyno/06%20ecli...e%204%20cyl.GIF

On the new eclipse with the 4cyl mivec engine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12