The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 9G Transmission Fluid Change

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar

9G Transmission Fluid Change

I would post it after pinoyesv6's thread but im not allowed to. Anyways, If you see his thread, Its very similar and easy to do. I just wished that I had a concrete place to do it instead of my grassy backyard with some plywood and lots of mosquitos.

Total cost for 12 ATF, about $40.

Also, just make sure that the contaner that your gonna catch the dirty atf does not have a hole in it. I learned that the hard way :oops:

Here are pics from the service manual:

where'd u get the case of tranny fluid for 40 bucks??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I got them from the mitsu dealer near my area. I have an acount with them before when I had my 01 mirage and they give me discounted parts on anything from mitsubishi parts.

im gonna have to go down to your place and get parts there. you save alot!

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

yea. I think so. Anyways, if you need a part, I will need the mitsubishi part number so I can get a quote from them.

Hey 9G, what part of MD do u live in? I live near White Marsh.

Do you have the complete service manual or was that just a piece you got from somewhere.
    2004 Galant LS

I printed some pages from the service manual CD before I lost it. I only have this and how to remove the front bumper for now until I find that CD again.

I live in Rockville, MD

changing the trans fluid has always been a snap on the new cars.

you WONT need a whole case of fluid, though. 4 or 5 quarts, max (during a normal drain and fill).
    if you did a total system flush (which would require special equipment), you would need a case... but thats the only time.

ummm... yea you do.

Pinoyesv6's tutorial:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/porta...d74612e59da3391

If your gonna bother replacing your own ATF, you should do it the right way instead of doing the easy way.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G)</div><div class='quotemain'>ummm... yea you do.

Pinoyesv6's tutorial:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/porta...d74612e59da3391

If your gonna bother replacing your own ATF, you should do it the right way instead of doing the easy way. </div>

thats not a very good way of doing a flush.
    just drain and fill it every 15K.... you wont need anymore than that.
    if youre prone to doing your own oil changes, it takes only seconds to dump and fill the trans, too.

^^ btw, my trans filter is inside the trans, to get that filter out, do you guys remove the trans to get it replaced? I wouln't replace it myself but how often am i suppose to really get that filter replaced?

Russian7G
    if it's inside like on 7G, just drop your tranny oil pan, it is inside, not hard to change at all, just messy. just dont forget to put new tranny pan gasket when you assemble it back.

is your pan on the bottom of the trans? Mine is in the side and I know for sure that on my 01 Mirage(which has the pan on the side too), the filter is not there.(learned that the messy way.)

Russian7G
    yep, mine is one the bottom

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Russian7G)</div><div class='quotemain'>if it's inside like on 7G, just drop your tranny oil pan, it is inside, not hard to change at all, just messy. just dont forget to put new tranny pan gasket when you assemble it back.</div>

no, its not.

there is no "pan" to speak of. there is a valve body cover, but theres nothing to service behind it.
    the filter is permanent, and can ONLY be replaced with removal of the trans and splitting the case halves.

so is the filter good for the life of the transmision?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G)</div><div class='quotemain'>so is the filter good for the life of the transmision?</div>
    yep.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G)</div><div class='quotemain'>I printed some pages from the service manual CD before I lost it. I only have this and how to remove the front bumper for now until I find that CD again. Â*

I live in Rockville, MD</div>

Hey how can I get ahold of the Manual CD?

sorry for the late reply but I got it off ebay. it was like $15 shipped.

LOST
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G)</div><div class='quotemain'>sorry for the late reply but I got it off ebay. it was like $15 shipped.</div>

15!!!!! dammit mine was 25 on ebay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast