The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Connecting Oil Gauge to Engine Block 4G64

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar

Connecting Oil Gauge to Engine Block 4G64

I just got a oil pressure gauge...

I'm not sure where to connect it. The oil pressure gauge does not connect through wires, but through a pastic tube and some valves.

I'd like to know where on the block (4G64) are the valve holes to these connectors. Thanks.

-Pedro

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    First of all, I would not hook up that gauge with that crappy nylon line. Way to prone to leakage, get some -4AN Stainless steel line and fittings or copper line. As for tapping the block, should be a spot to tap on the oil housing.

Mechanical Oil/Fuel pressure gauges arent very safe, as it brings those liquids at 100/30psi into the cabin.
    7g for life!

If you don't want to touch the engine block, the easiest way is to use one of these:
    http://store.racerwheel.org/racerwheel/tp-...p-12002801.html

It is an adapter that has three fittings for two sensors and possibly an oil line feed, and sits between your engine block and oil filter - very easy to install. (I have one and it works well.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7983857250&rd=1

this one's cheaper. i used it to mount my oil temp gauge

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

mechanical pressure gauges are crap.

but frankly, you dont need to ever know anything about the oil pressure. as long as you actually have oil, nothings going to change.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>mechanical pressure gauges are crap.

but frankly, you dont need to ever know anything about the oil pressure. Â*as long as you actually have oil, nothings going to change.</div>

i concur. something about having oil in my cabin just doesn't sink with me.
    you could easliy pick up some electronic autometer gauges on ebay brand new for 40 bucks. thas how much i paid for my phantom.
    all you gotta do is run 1 wire from the sender then one from an engine ground and thats it.
    no mess, no chance of leaks.
    and you won't have to redo the oil lines everytime you pull your motor.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Thanks guys for all the input.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>mechanical pressure gauges are crap.

but frankly, you dont need to ever know anything about the oil pressure. Â*as long as you actually have oil, nothings going to change.</div>

Actually, i thought this would be a good idea because my Oil Pressure light is turning on. I figured if i install this, i'll know if it's something in the engine or just a bad sensor. I know it's not because i don't have oil.

What other gauge do you guys recommend i mount other than an oil pressure gauge? i would really like something that's functional.
    -Pedro

what mods do you have done to your car??

but a universal gauge that every1 could use is one of them time gauges. i think them call them clocks.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>what mods do you have done to your car??</div>

Intake, exaust and music pretty much.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>but a universal gauge that every1 could use is one of them time gauges. i think them call them clocks.</div>
    Was that a joke? :shock:
    -Pedro

yes it was. i believe there is a tutorial on club 3 G that tells tou how to do a oil pressure. Personally I wouldn't do a mechanical either. I dont want fluid running in my car. that reminds me I need to take my fuel pump out my glove box
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>yes it was. i believe there is a tutorial on club 3 G that tells tou how to do a oil pressure. Personally I wouldn't do a mechanical either. I dont want fluid running in my car. that reminds me I need to take my fuel pump out my glove box</div>

That's for a autometer Electrical Oil Gauge.
    I have an Sunpro Machanical Oil Gauge. The procedures are different.
    -Pedro

ditch the mechanical oil gauge. i can see it now. you will be posting your car in the dearly departed forum cuz the hose sprung a leak and sprayed hot oil overywhere.

but yea, the procedure is the same mechanical or electrical. but instead of hooking up the sender, you hook up the hose and run that to the gauge pod.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>ditch the mechanical oil gauge. i can see it now. you will be posting your car in the dearly departed forum cuz the hose sprung a leak and sprayed hot oil overywhere. Â*

but yea, the procedure is the same mechanical or electrical. but instead of hooking up the sender, you hook up the hose and run that to the gauge pod.</div>

way ahead of ya.
    -Pedro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks guys for all the input.

Actually, i thought this would be a good idea because my Oil Pressure light is turning on. Â*I figured if i install this, i'll know if it's something in the engine or just a bad sensor. Â*I know it's not because i don't have oil.

.</div>

its coming on because you have a failing oil pressure switch.

you DONT have anything wrong internally, and even if you did, knowing what the oil pressure is isnt going to change anything. What if you know the oil pressure is low? that means that you have to have an engine rebuild, most likely. the end result is the same.

These sensors happen to be a very common problem on these cars , I also have to change mine , This will be the second time around

[img]

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    stay away from sunpro like the plague
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd