The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: black out 7g headlights from galant speed .com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 48
    here is a before and after
    [IMG][/IMG]

Looks good. I think it would look better with out the amber corner.

i wish i could make the whole corner amber instead of amber and white. I realy like the jdm heads, and was trying to get close to that look with the stuff I had in my garage. Once my body work is done, I am painting the car a dark charcoal grey and I like the way the amber contrasts off that color. thats also why I got amber side marker lights.

I wonder if I should open the lights back up and black out the white corner light areaand leave just the amber. What do you think? I have an old light with broken mounts. I think I will try it on that first. I will post pics when its done to get some opinions from you guys.

you desperately need to polish your lenses.

desperately.
    You can barely even tell that you've blacked the reflectors.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

the polishing stuff I had did a good job. it brought them back along way from where they were, but I agree it still isnt good enough. I am going to pick up some meguires plastic x. I have heard it works wonders.
    Last edited by Spartan251; 07-30-2009 at 03:29 PM

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    you desperately need to polish your lenses.

desperately.
    You can barely even tell that you've blacked the reflectors.
    Did you blackout your stock lenses? It looks like you did from your signature. will you post a closeup pic of your headlights? I am just curious how much is painted compared to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by kaufmanp92eb View Post
    Did you blackout your stock lenses? It looks like you did from your signature. will you post a closeup pic of your headlights? I am just curious how much is painted compared to mine.
    no, i installed a set of glass 2piece world spec headlamps

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    It seems that you need to use the tutorial I did on polishing the cloudy headlights. Like what John said....yours seem still hazy and cant really tell that you blacked out your housings.

You will have to sand off the oxidized surface of the lens and then use the polish stuff to clear them up more. My tutorial is on this board...I recommened doing it.

I blacked out my housings years ago when I had my 95 7g. Here is what they looked like when I put them on my 7g I have now.

Late last year I decided to change things up and add the amber corner and black out more of the housing and is currently what the lens look like on the car now:

Yes...the lens on my car are the original lens that were on this car when I bought it. They were SEVERELY cloudy to where you couldn't see inside the lens at one point. I had to do the procedure of my tutorial 2x's to totally clear it up the way it looks like today and every so often reapplying a nice coat of 3M lens polish to maintin the "clear" look.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

your lights look good. I deffinately like the way it looks with the white corner marker blacked out and the amber corner in place. when you blacked the white protion of your corner did you black the bulb or just leave it out? I am going to pull mine apart again and black more of them out. do you think meguires or 3m has a better end result?

What do you mean "black the bulb"?

I blacked out the whole corner reflective lens the 2nd time around. I replaced the regular filament bults with amber LED bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    What do you mean "black the bulb"?
    I am talking about the clear light between the amber corner and the low beam light. after you blacked the housing there, did you put a bulb back in that slot, or leave it out?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    and not to change the topic. but those rims you have in this pic look damn good. mabey just needed to paint the spokes. then they would look badass! The rims you are running now look sweet also.
    Last edited by Spartan251; 07-26-2009 at 11:10 PM

I blacked it out and put a amber LED bulb in there. I can post a pic of what it looks like at night.

that would be awsome

I will post a pic tonight when I get home tonight.

Just got home from work and snap a couple pics. The LED give out a better light output than standard filement bulbs IMO. So the blacked out housings didn't have no effect on light output.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    nice

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Are those Led right above fogs?

Yes those are LED strips. They are high output LED strips I bought from China...100x's brighter than that garbage they sell at Pepboys.

deffinately looks good. I really like the full amber corner. I always thought the clear part of the corner looked stupid. it should be all amber or all clear IMO.
    I will surely be picking up some LEDs soon. I want to swap the bulbs all the way around the car for LEDs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast