The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DOHC questions

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

DOHC questions

ok i know do a search, but i have still have questions. im gonna do the 4g64 bottom 4g63 head hybrid. since we have a distributor and the eclipses have a dis, is there a way to switch to a dis? or jus keep the distributor?

and also since we have afew differences wit the spyder can some1 tell me what to do differently from spyderheadswap?
    05 - Scion tC
    95 - Mitsubishi Galant S
    K&N FPIK Intake ; KYB GR-2s ; Eibach Pro-Kit
    Currently in Project:
    DOHC (i jus need a few more parts)
    AT Built Tranny (just need axles)

brandon
    The turbo ECU swap on Jip's page should help.

http://jipp.no-ip.com/car/

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    i think you'll also need to do the cam angle sensor too, right?

Experienced TGC Member
    Got my old one for sale if you want it =)
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

you need the GS cams and thinner head gasket to bump the compresion to 10:1...if you can't get your hands on some GS cams..use the turbo intake cam and the 1G NT exhaust cam.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by mysticj
    you need the GS cams and thinner head gasket to bump the compresion to 10:1...if you can't get your hands on some GS cams..use the turbo intake cam and the 1G NT exhaust cam.
    you are going to want to mill the head anyways to insure that you have a perfectly flat gasket surface to match the gasket and deck.
    just ust a stock gasket with no shim after that. but i guess you would want to know how much they have to take off to get your head flat before you chose a gasket.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

ok y use the turbo intake cam and a nt exhaust cam instead of running both turbo cams? i thought either way im still gonna b running hi compression.

also thinner gaskets? its bad enough that 4g64 gaskets r hard to find
    05 - Scion tC
    95 - Mitsubishi Galant S
    Currently in Project:

Quote Originally Posted by know_fun
    ok y use the turbo intake cam and a nt exhaust cam instead of running both turbo cams? i thought either way im still gonna b running hi compression.

also thinner gaskets? its bad enough that 4g64 gaskets r hard to find
    oh, are you going NA or turbo? well, the exhaust cam is design for turbo applications and the turbo intake cam is slightly aggresive that the 1 NT intake cam
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

well i was thinking of just going NA for now because the cash situation but anyways my goal right now is 14s NA then i'll step up and get turbo. oh and im doing this all automatic. crazy i know; the endclutches and the alto redkit and the translab is on my list to get after i'm done with my head.

so turbo intake cam and nt exhaust cam?
    05 - Scion tC
    95 - Mitsubishi Galant S
    Currently in Project:

spyder97gs

Re: DOHC questions

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(know_fun)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok i know do a search, but i have still have questions. im gonna do the 4g64 bottom 4g63 head hybrid. since we have a distributor and the eclipses have a dis, is there a way to switch to a dis? or jus keep the distributor? Â*

and also since we have afew differences wit the spyder can some1 tell me what to do differently from spyderheadswap?</div>

I put a Galant motor in my spyder recently. To go distributorless, your going to need the cam angle sensor, which goes in place of the distributor. There is also a DIS electrical connection to be made. The spyder intake manifold has the connection mounted in it, as the galant doesn't. You'll need the coil packs. The galant intake manifold doesn't have the mounting points for the coil packs either. I'd say just keep the distributor.

when you get a head(preferably a 1g head) try to find one that has an intake manifold attached to it already( flows better, ports match too)
    then coil packl mounting won't be an issue either. somtimes you get lucky and they'll have all that jazz with them already.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

well i have a 1g turbo head, cams, and intake manifold. so i'd prefer to go wit a DIS because of the better spark and i dont need to worry about my distributor going bad later. plus its 1 step i dont need to worry about when going turbo
    05 - Scion tC
    95 - Mitsubishi Galant S
    Currently in Project: