The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What does this wire do...Help

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

What does this wire do...Help

Just got my car back from the shop and am cleaning everything up from them and noticed a wire with a connector on the end of it that isn't hooked up to anything under my hood. It's right behind the driver's headlight and looks like it's part of the OEM wiring. It looks like it's part of the main wire clump that is coming from the fuse box. Its a single green wire with a factory looking connector on the end of it like I said. Only thing I can think of is that it was part of my stock fog wiring and I just now noticed it since I've taken them out. It runs adjacent to the stock blinker harness and the stock loom that goes across the radiator/fan. Also in the mix is the hood release wire. So its none of those. If anyone could take a look I'd feel a lot better knowing it wasn't something for my Venom kit or something that is critical. Thanks ahead of time.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

Not a clue... but your ride is all done? Can't wait to see pictures
    What shop did you have do the work Sin?

Yeah its done for now...Xtreme Customs out in Liberty Lake. didn't do the cleanest job, but gave me a good deal. A lot better work and price than any shop I talked to. Everyone around here is scared of body kits for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SinSere
    Yeah its done for now...Xtreme Customs out in Liberty Lake. didn't do the cleanest job, but gave me a good deal. A lot better work and price than any shop I talked to. Everyone around here is scared of body kits for some reason.
    Yeah I had a hell of a time finding someone, but found a guy who used to work in Cali and owned their own shop. How much did you end up paying?

I had the following done: repair to damaged door, lowering springs install, spoiler install + paint, rear & side body kit install + paint, front bumper repair + install + paint, Evo hood install + custom paint, Liberal grill install.

Total cost: < $1,000

Killer deal, couln't be beat. I know I wouldn't get the same deal if I took it in now, but its taken him a lot of time to complete. Not the fastest service, but can't be the price.

That is damn good man. I didn't get that good of a deal, but everyone was quotin me bout $1500 for just the kit fitting,paint, and install. I added the fenders and hood to it and paid $1800 cash. I know they had to spend a lot of time on the Monster hood. Still didn't come out as good as I wanted, but not too bad.

I found where the wire went and now I need someone to tell me what the hell it is. I looked again and found on the side of this round thing that is bolted to the chassis, up towards the hood on the side is where it went. I don't know what it even is. Its black and all I could make out on it was some jibberish and the word DENSO engraved. If anyone could tell me what this functions and what would have happened if I didn't find it. thanks

if it's a single wire (green) it should go to your horn...
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

bingo...thanks