The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tearstone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 57
    ES-Turbo
    That kit comes with a 60-1 in full t4 trim. The turbine a/r is very similar in size to the .63 a/r t3/t4e that was used originally so spool time is identical to that of the smaller turbo. The switch to the full t4 was made to allow the use of larger turbo's without having to modify the kit. There are a lot of people out there who are starting to build their V6 engines for higher h.p. There is a much greater selection of turbo's with the kit being set up for a full t4 based turbo.

It's not cheap but that kit also comes with everything you need to install it. The E-manage is even pre-programmed so all you do is wire it in and drive.

The V6 guys don't have it as easy as the 4 cyl. guys. You can fit any number of parts on the 4 cyl. to turbocharge it and the 4g64 pistons are 10 times better than the 6g72's.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    with the job i work now i pull about 500 a check and can make about 470 extra in bonus in the end of the month, I figure if I work diligently after football season I can really save up for this kit with the fuel system and get the intercooler parts locally... but knowing me I'll probably buy more subs or amps or something that I dont need

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ES-Turbo
    That kit comes with a 60-1 in full t4 trim. The turbine a/r is very similar in size to the .63 a/r t3/t4e that was used originally so spool time is identical to that of the smaller turbo. The switch to the full t4 was made to allow the use of larger turbo's without having to modify the kit. There are a lot of people out there who are starting to build their V6 engines for higher h.p. There is a much greater selection of turbo's with the kit being set up for a full t4 based turbo.

It's not cheap but that kit also comes with everything you need to install it. The E-manage is even pre-programmed so all you do is wire it in and drive.

The V6 guys don't have it as easy as the 4 cyl. guys. You can fit any number of parts on the 4 cyl. to turbocharge it and the 4g64 pistons are 10 times better than the 6g72's.

Which turbine wheel are you using? what A/R??? .43 turbine side and a .70 compressor side?
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

For those that have a turbo Kit installed. How much are we looking at in installation charges from a local tuner shop.

I know for a fact that there arent really any good ones in central Florida. There is like one in Kissimmee So I might need to head south to Miami or something.

Anyone in Florida with any suggestions on places to take this.

ES-Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    Which turbine wheel are you using? what A/R??? .43 turbine side and a .70 compressor side?
    Are you asking what I have on my 4 cyl. car or what specs those V6 kit's use?

Quote Originally Posted by Chero2000
    For those that have a turbo Kit installed. How much are we looking at in installation charges from a local tuner shop.

I know for a fact that there arent really any good ones in central Florida. There is like one in Kissimmee So I might need to head south to Miami or something.

Anyone in Florida with any suggestions on places to take this.
    tearstone is from flordia, go check out club3gfl.com
    i'm sure u'll find all the info there.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    i was talking about for the V6, which turbine/compressor wheels and whats the A/R??? Also, is this AAI with a new name ??
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbocharger...ategory_id=3026

the turbo that is being used is the SC-5027E
    i'm pretty sure its starts with the .48 a/r
    no this isn't AAI, this is a different guy that wants to get some kits out for the v6

Wow :shock: that looks like a super fat kit, but man that is a lot of flow. Maybe I missed it, but does that not include fuel injectors or pistons. 300whp would be really nice for sure, but damn thats a lot of money. Looking at the pics I can see it was designed for the Eclipse as the headlight housing sits much further back into the engine compartment than the G's do so we would have some more air circulation there. I wonder hwo the FMIC would fit with our cars as well, as I'm sure it was fitted for the Eclipse as well. The side mount intercooler would be pretty sweet as well.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

ES-Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    i was talking about for the V6, which turbine/compressor wheels and whats the A/R??? Also, is this AAI with a new name ??
    The exact specifications of the turbo are not advertised. Tearstone Performance Solutions is owned by Russ Sanderlin, "Tearstone" on the 3g boards and is a distributor for the company that is producing the kit. It is from the same designers as the AAI kit but AAI is no longer in business. The company that is producing them is owned by another person and the original designers are working for them now. It is still absolutely top quality stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SinSere
    Wow that looks like a super fat kit, but man that is a lot of flow. Maybe I missed it, but does that not include fuel injectors or pistons. 300whp would be really nice for sure, but damn thats a lot of money. Looking at the pics I can see it was designed for the Eclipse as the headlight housing sits much further back into the engine compartment than the G's do so we would have some more air circulation there. I wonder hwo the FMIC would fit with our cars as well, as I'm sure it was fitted for the Eclipse as well. The side mount intercooler would be pretty sweet as well.
    It includes everything you need for installation. The fuel system comes with injectors, clips, spacers, bolts, Pre-Programmed GReddy E-Manage w/ injector and ignition harnesses and a 255 lph fuel pump. On a 5-speed GT it will produce 300-310 w.h.p. @ 8-9 psi. and 320 w.h.p. @ 11-12 psi. The FMIC should fit with very little, if any, modification.

Quote Originally Posted by leicoolya
    the turbo that is being used is the SC-5027E
    i'm pretty sure its starts with the .48 a/r
    no this isn't AAI, this is a different guy that wants to get some kits out for the v6
    That information is not correct. The turbo that is being used is a Turbonetics 60-1 in full T4 trim. It does not use a .48 a/r either.

Experienced TGC Member
    It is still absolutely top quality stuff.
    :approve:

That information is not correct. The turbo that is being used is a Turbonetics 60-1 in full T4 trim. It does not use a .48 a/r either.
    Do you happen to know when it hits full boost? I'm really intrested in this type of turbo now.

ES-Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Do you happen to know when it hits full boost? I'm really intrested in this type of turbo now.
    Full boost comes in at about 3800-4000. There's a smaller a/r turbine housing being tested that may bring full boost down around 3000.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Full boost comes in at about 3800-4000. There's a smaller a/r turbine housing being tested that may bring full boost down around 3000.
    that would be horrible for a daily driver. i can't cruise at anything over 80mph without my egts taking a shit all over everything because the turbo is boosting a little by then. 3000rpm is way too low.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

yea the v6 kits are using Turbonetics T4, even though tearstone uses the T3/T04e on his kit, guess it was Donnys choice on turbos

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    that would be horrible for a daily driver. i can't cruise at anything over 80mph without my egts taking a shit all over everything because the turbo is boosting a little by then. 3000rpm is way too low.
    it really depends on the gearig of the vehicle and what throttle percentage you are at while cruising. or high speed cruising for that matter.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCSTUNR
    it really depends on the gearig of the vehicle and what throttle percentage you are at while cruising. or high speed cruising for that matter.
    And EGTs would probably be lower if you had a wideband or logger to work on your fuel trims.

ES-Turbo
    Just because the turbo is capable of reaching full spool at 3000 rpm does not mean that it will be building boost at 3000 rpm all the time. When you are cruising at 80 mph you are only at part throttle which means two things, one, there is not enough exhaust energy at part throttle to fully spool the turbo, and two, the b.o.v. is seeing vacuum at part throttle so it is open and recirculating any pressure that is in the system.

If you have such a small turbo that it will spool down around 2000 rpm than what I posted above does not apply. With a smaller turbo it will take less exhaust energy to spool the turbo and you may see some boost at higher speeds. At that point there can be enough pressure in the intake manifold to keep the b.o.v. closed and you'll start to see boost.

Here's an example from my ES. On the highway at 80 mph, if I ease into the throttle, or if I have the cruise control on and start to go up a slight incline, you will hear the turbo spool immediatly after you give it a little more gas than it took to go 80 mph. So the turbo is not spooled, the b.o.v. is open and the car is not building any boost at 80 mph. However, if you take the car up to 90 mph it's a different story. The turbo is spooled and you are building boost. The problem this causes is that the car is building boost at such a low throttle position that even though the fmu is raising fuel pressure, the computer is not opening up injector pulse at that low of a tps signal. If your not careful the car will detonate constantly at that speed. If it was intercooled it probably wouldnt be a problem but I don't have it intercooled. Keep in mind that I have a turbo that reaches full boost at 2000 rpm. Take that up to 3000 rpm and you will not see any of these problems. (until maybe around 120 or so, but who cruises at 120?)

brandon
    Take that up to 3000 rpm and you will not see any of these problems. (until maybe around 120 or so, but who cruises at 120?)
    ::cough:: peano ::cough:: haha

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Just because the turbo is capable of reaching full spool at 3000 rpm does not mean that it will be building boost at 3000 rpm all the time. When you are cruising at 80 mph you are only at part throttle which means two things, one, there is not enough exhaust energy at part throttle to fully spool the turbo, and two, the b.o.v. is seeing vacuum at part throttle so it is open and recirculating any pressure that is in the system.

If you have such a small turbo that it will spool down around 2000 rpm than what I posted above does not apply. With a smaller turbo it will take less exhaust energy to spool the turbo and you may see some boost at higher speeds. At that point there can be enough pressure in the intake manifold to keep the b.o.v. closed and you'll start to see boost.

Here's an example from my ES. On the highway at 80 mph, if I ease into the throttle, or if I have the cruise control on and start to go up a slight incline, you will hear the turbo spool immediatly after you give it a little more gas than it took to go 80 mph. So the turbo is not spooled, the b.o.v. is open and the car is not building any boost at 80 mph. However, if you take the car up to 90 mph it's a different story. The turbo is spooled and you are building boost. The problem this causes is that the car is building boost at such a low throttle position that even though the fmu is raising fuel pressure, the computer is not opening up injector pulse at that low of a tps signal. If your not careful the car will detonate constantly at that speed. If it was intercooled it probably wouldnt be a problem but I don't have it intercooled. Keep in mind that I have a turbo that reaches full boost at 2000 rpm. Take that up to 3000 rpm and you will not see any of these problems. (until maybe around 120 or so, but who cruises at 120?)
    my turbo hits full boost by 2500rpm, but what i'm saying is, when i'm cruising and holding my speed at 70mph lets say, everything's fine. but if i'm cruising at 85mph, the turbo is getting close to boosting at 0psi, and the EGTs start rising when i see that 0psi. also, everytime i give it a little bit of throttle to pass someone it's just boost city all over the place.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ive been reading on turbos for a long time just because i dont like dealing with the belt slip problems i hear about from the SDS. does everyone agree this setup would be good for a daily driver application. i drive my car everyday but also go the drag strip sometimes. also, is that one of those small Honda batteries i see in the galant on the home page. the battery is abotu half the size the stock one. would that still be adequate?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast