The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1st gen JDM taillights?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

1st gen JDM taillights?

What do the 1st gen JDM tails happen to look like? Everyone gets the 2nd+3rd gens, so I'm guessing the 1st gen is the same as USDM?

Re: 1st gen JDM taillights?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant
    What do the 1st gen JDM tails happen to look like? Everyone gets the 2nd+3rd gens, so I'm guessing the 1st gen is the same as USDM?
    the generations were incorrectly named by one of the mods here... and the mistake was accepted as convention. the "2nd gen" should really b the 1st gen and the "3rd gen" should really b the 2nd gen. the taillights referred to on TGC (and the other US galant forums) as 1st gen are not even JDM. they are for the taiwanese version of the 8G. there are actually only 2 OEM versions of JDM taillights, the 1996-1997 version and the 1998+ version. there are also several OE variants available in the world market outside of JAPAN.

btw, sorry, your guess is wrong. only north america got the taillights we refer to as USDM.

I always thought the 1st Gen JDM tails were the ones like the 2nd Gen, but with the amber signal. See below.

yea. i figured that out a year ago. the 1st gen tails are the ones that you have on your car danj. hte 2nd gen is the one with the circles. i was reading the site where we all got this idea for the 1st gen tails but this time with a different translator and it showed the process of making those "1st gen" tails. its pretty much just a spray over the clear part.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    yea. i figured that out a year ago. the 1st gen tails are the ones that you have on your car danj. hte 2nd gen is the one with the circles. i was reading the site where we all got this idea for the 1st gen tails but this time with a different translator and it showed the process of making those "1st gen" tails. its pretty much just a spray over the clear part.
    Wow....I changed my mind about 3rd gens...I want those 2nd gens