The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wiring Gurus:: no current

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Wiring Gurus:: no current

My car starts up fine, i dont think theres anything engine related with my problem.

There dosnt seem to be any current running through either the Constant 12v line, or the Ignition line. My deck dosnt turn on, my power locks dont work, dome lights wont turn on, my windows and gauges DO work, but thats about the only things that will.

Before it was just the Ignition wire that went capoot on me, so i ran a wire from the Ignition line in the fuse box, to the Ignition line on the decks harness, and that got me by...i just had to constantly input the security code each time i turned off/on my car.

So i tried running a wire from the fuse box's 12v to the harness' 12v, and no go, neither of the lines seem to be getting any kind of current from the harness, or from the fuse box.

any idea whats goin on? im pretty sure all the related fuses are in tact, only possible explination is maybe faulty wiring somewhere due to all the slight tugging and moving of the wires i have done in the past.

did you check all eth fuses under the hood as well as in the cab?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

check the 2 fuses under the hood. they are around that yellow shield. pull up on the shield first then pull out the fuses. im pretty sure one of them is blown.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Thanks for the heads up guys, went straight to the fuses in the yellow shield, and sure enough they were both out :oops: . Thanks again for the quick response.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    check the 2 fuses under the hood. they are around that yellow shield. pull up on the shield first then pull out the fuses. im pretty sure one of them is blown.
    those things were a bitch for me to get out the first time i changed them