The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Found a 1g eclipse turbo in local junkyard

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Found a 1g eclipse turbo in local junkyard

Trying to pull the turbo, the suckers in there good. Turbo looks really good. So far I pulled the resistor pack, lol. I couldn't get anything else off. Will go back tomorrow (if its still there). Anyone would like to give me some pointers on how to remove the turbo?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Its a pain.
    -Disconnect the coolant line at the top left of the head. -Disconnect the lower oil return line completely.
    -Disconnect the oil feed line through the hose.
    -Unbolt the coolant return line, I think its a 18mm or
    something big.

Im assuming you can get hte intake off. Next unbolt the downpipe. Its easiest to take the exhaust manifold off with the turbo, so just unbolt the 8 or 9 bolt that hold the mani on and pull her off.

You can take the turbo off w/o removing the exhaust manifold, but its a pain if the downpipe is still connected.

I would snag 450cc injectors off it as well.
    7g for life!

might as well remove everything as an assembly. get all the exhaust manifold to head nuts off. unbolt the downpipe too. make sure any lines you disconnect you disconnect them at the source not at the turbo. that way you can at least sell them if they aren't needed. take the downpipe if you want to keep the initial cost down. snag the throttle body cause its bigger than yours and if nothing more worth money.what year is it btw.
    is it a manual or automatic. if its an automatic, i wouldn't even bother. it makes it easier to work in that area if you yank the radiator.
    just remove the 4 bolts holding the upper radiator mounts in, then yank it. simple as that. it should pop right out. that will give you room to work with.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>might as well remove everything as an assembly. Â*get all the exhaust manifold to head Â*nuts off. unbolt the downpipe too. make sure any lines you disconnect you disconnect them at the source not at the turbo. that way you can at least sell them if they aren't needed. Â*take the downpipe if you want to keep the initial cost down. Â*snag the throttle body cause its bigger than yours and if nothing more worth money.what year is it btw. Â*
    is it a manual or automatic. if its an automatic, i wouldn't even bother. Â*it makes it easier to work in that area if you yank the radiator.
    just remove the 4 bolts holding the upper radiator mounts in, then yank it. simple as that. Â*it should pop right out. Â*that will give you room to work with.</div>

It's a 5spd btw. It's the one with the flip up lights, had only 104k miles. Hopefully it will still be there tomorrow. I saw the bov, should have grabbed it too? I will go there and see what I can pull.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95mitsu03)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    It's a 5spd btw. It's the one with the flip up lights, had only 104k miles. Hopefully it will still be there tomorrow. I saw the bov, should have grabbed it too? I will go there and see what I can pull.</div>

hel yeah you should have grabbed it. might as well see if its got an intercooler too.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yah grab the BOV, couldnt hurt. 90/91 = popup = 6bolt. May be worth a rebuild

May as well get the SMIC too if you are getting parts for cheap, and the IC piping, probably could use a good bunch of it.
    7g for life!

Turbo looked like shit when I removed it. All the blades were fucked. Injectors had cracks. What I was able to pull was the BOV and intake. Plus it was so damn hot today, I thought I was going to get fried. :?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    that's a shame the turbo was all fucked up. was it a 13g or 14b?

edit: just read it's a 5spd, so it's a 14b. you can still get some helpful parts off of there though
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd