The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Donor G for my 5 speed swap, what can i use from her???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 70
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joaltava)</div><div class='quotemain'>damn sorry dude i just got rid of the car today due to the citation i was going to get from the city</div> :sad2: I knew i should have pmed you last week, my car was broken into so i have no radio, just needed the brackets and the little compartment and the console trim, you don't happen to have that lying around do you? or was that in the car?
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

damn that sucks man sorry to hear, no i didnt keep that piece, also i kind of broke it since i didnt care for it and it was bugging me while i was trying to take out the shifter

Sorry man
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joaltava)</div><div class='quotemain'>damn that sucks man sorry to hear, no i didnt keep that piece, also i kind of broke it since i didnt care for it and it was bugging me while i was trying to take out the shifter Â*

Sorry man</div>

Dont worry, i'll hit a junkyard one of these days, or post in the B/S/T forum or as a last resort the stealership. Thanks for answering my quickly though appricate it.

here are the pics of the galant my brother got for <span style='color:red'>$325</span> dollars

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Oooh leather, lucky :thumbsup:
    7g for life!

well guys i have finally bought my new clutch kit......
    i bought the ACT 2100 clutch kit for $250 shipped brand new

The next think i will be doing is rebuilding the engine, in the next couple of days i will start to put the clutch in and the pedals in and running the clutch lines throught the firewall and then in a week or two i will be putting the engine and 5 speed tranny in

Guys i have a question?????

I decided to take out the engine that was in my burgandy G and put the white manual engine and transmission in my burgandy G. I will have the white G engine rebuilt and i will be putting a ACT 2100 Clutch kit in the manual tranny. I will not have any problems in regards to turning on the car when i am done since its the same engine.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    if they're both 7G 4g64s, you should be fine for the most part. actually what year are both of them? they might have different ecus.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

They are both 96, my brother just finished putting my old 96 Burgundy G engine into his new 95 black G, we had some problems thou the starter, and the distributor where different from the 95 to the 96.

We finally figure that out and we switched it and the car now runs perfect, she shifts smooth and has a killer a/c.

In total we spend including the car $968.74

isnt your white G a GS? then that engine is a DOHC, it should fit but i dont know what you would want to do that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darkkend)</div><div class='quotemain'>isnt your white G a GS? then that engine is a DOHC, it should fit but i dont know what you would want to do that.</div>

Well I have a white GS, but i had bought a 96 White S 5speed of a guy here on TGC for $500 dollars,
    Here's a pic of the white car i got for $500 dollars

the car was crashed in the back and thats the G that i got the 5 speed tranny off and the engine i gave my bro so he can put in the black 95 G

Well Ladies and Gents

Today me and my bro finally finished putting the working engine into the black galant he bought with the blown engine.

Man she is running sweet i will see if i take a pic of the engine and show you guys

Anthony

Guys i have a small problem with my shifter

Guys i have a small problem with my shifter

For some reason i cant put the shifter towards 1st gear or the position where first gear would go.
    Here is a pic where it shows the problem, its marked by the red circle.

Here's a pic of the shifter assembly

If i assemble the shifter it stays up in the middle and you can shift down but not upward.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I thought I was going to have that problem too, did the same thing without cables. Just mount the cables to the shifter assembly and it should shift into gear without hitting that arm. You dont have the center cable anchored to teh assembly yet.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    I thought I was going to have that problem too, did the same thing without cables. Just mount the cables to the shifter assembly and it should shift into gear without hitting that arm. You dont have the center cable anchored to teh assembly yet.
    Yeah i had it anchored but when i saw that it hit i took it out and then took a picture of the assembly.

So all i have to do is put all the conections in and it should work just fine

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    ya, happened to me too, right before i put the shifter in i noticed the same thing.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    i noticed the same thng, i haven't done the swap yet, but when i put in my short shifter into my shift assmbly, i noticed that i seem to hit the back part, but when i looked at the other end where the tranny would be, the cable boot was completely compressed. so i figured it wouldn't need to go all the way back to be in first.

well i havent been able to put the shifter assembly in due to me being busy at work but i will put it together this weekend and see how it goes

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    werd.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast