The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fuel management

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

fuel management

i just got the evo 8 intercooler for my car and now i want to upgrade to the evo 3 turbo ( big 16g ). The problem im having is i need more fuel. Ive really been looking into the e-manage. i wanted to know if anyone has it on their car and how well it works. By the way if u r going to turbo ur galant or any car dont use the super afc 2 as a fuel management system. also i know a few galants used the 450cc injectors off of the eclipse id like to see how yall installed them.

brandon

Re: fuel management

Quote Originally Posted by Boostedgalant56
    By the way if u r going to turbo ur galant or any car dont use the super afc 2 as a fuel management system.
    Why is that?

after a certain amount of correction it becomes useless because you need timing control.

the dsm 450's are easy to hook up i will try to get some pictures of my wiring but i dont know if i can cuz everything is shrinkwrapped and wire loomed and i dont reall want to take it apart but my advice is to do the injectors one at a time so you dont confuse wires. but the steps go like this

1 cut stock clip off
    2 solder one side of dsm clip to factory wiring
    3 solder other side of factory wiring to the red wire on resistor box x4
    4 solder other side of clip to the resisitor boxs black wires x4

as for mounting the actual injectors you need longer bolts and some washers because the dsm injectors are fatter and longer then our stock units. this i can get a pic of its actualy pretty simple once you see it
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the safc2 is perfectly fine for FUEL tuning. it doesn't control timing at all, and everyone should know that before they buy one. i got mine knowing perfectly well it didn't screw with timing at all, because i'm not at that stage yet. it's perfect for what it does though.

to get more fuel you should get bigger injectors (which i hope you already have if your boosted), fuel pump (and rewire), and afpr. mechanically, you're good to go. you still need a fuel computer with timing control, therefore the emanage is your best bet hands down. nothing but good things heard.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

The SAFC 1/2 causes an advance in timing because when you remove fuel, you get more timing (due to the altered airflow signal).

so if your gonna use an safc you either need something else to control timing or an adjustable fpr so you can lower the base fuel pressure and add more fuel with the safc... either way i would just get the emanage and be done with it the lees you have to worry about things failing the better off you are
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

there is now another poblem. i was talking with a shop in ATL, and i wanted to get it dyno tuned. Geting it tuned is gana be really hard b/c of the auto. tranny. So im almost to the point where im about to blow up the car. ive put so much money and time into. So if any of yall could help me with the 5 speed tranny conversion id really appricatie it. of corse ill pay for ur time and help. id be willing to drive up to 2000 miles ( i live in new orleans ). performace shops here dont do much costom work on mitsus so i dont trust them.

why did they say the auto would be a problem?

yeah auto trannies get tuned all the time... i'd really like to hear this

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

yah ive never heard of a shop having trouble tuning an automatic maybe they were refering to how much power the tranny could hold but if a shop told me something like that i probably wouldnt take my car there anyways