The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo'd Galant?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 57
    thats why you get it rebuilt...... mine has no shaft play,, and spools up fine with no decrease in boost ....t-25's are just easier to find is why im saying thatbut to each their own.....do what ya want either way, it will be turbo'd and 10 psi is 10psi NO MATTER WHAT TURBO YOU HAVE

you seem to be misunderstanding the concept. I'm not trying to be a dick, but what turbo you have is a major factor.
    seeing as how the t-25 maxed out at around 250 hp on a 2.0,
    on the 2.4 its going to run out of breath. such a small turbine wheel will hinder you from maintaining that 10 psi after your boost peaks. meaning you might get 10 psi and you will get it very quick(too quick cause that turbine is undersized for your motor) and once it eaks, its not going to hold the pressure, so lets say its going to drop off to around 6 then 5 psi at high rpms. may sound fine to you cause you don't want to stress your motor at those rpms, but its actually bad, cause your turbine will be overrun. and when your compressor is outside its effieciency range, your charge air gets much much hotter than desired. so you would want to have a very large intercooler to compensate, but wait, then you would need a bigger turbo to keep the extra volume filled or else you are going to see even more boost drop off. and this leads us back to... the t-25 isn't enough turbo for a 2.4l, and it was never enough on a 2.0l for anybody that wanted to get some real power out of their engine.
    basically, t-25's are easy to find cause nobody wants them.
    they would be a great turbo for 1.6 and 1.8 honda's. it worked amazingly well on my buddies old civic ex.
    but if you want to run THAT turbo on THAT motor at THOSE boost pressures, its gonna wear out fast. and good luck fighting off detonation.
    like i said, i'm not trying to be a dick, just throwing a heads up your way before you commit to a flawed system.
    None the less, i still commend you for actually being serious about making some power for your ride.
    good luck

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    well said. i'm not one to follow trends in saying "this part is bad, this part is good" but you're the first person i've ever seen to defend the t25s reputation, because it's a horrible turbo.

why rebuild a t25 (lol) when you can buy a better turbo instead. stay away from the t25.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by galant03-4g64t
    10 psi is 10psi NO MATTER WHAT TURBO YOU HAVE
    WTF? :shock:

ive never had a problem with the boost creaping down to 5-6 psi....stays at9-10 which easily puts me at 200 to the wheelsive got a huge intercooler , and it makes no difference in boost.... and the t25 isnt rated at just250 on an eclipse, my buddy was pushin 300 on it at 19 psi, for a few months, and didnt have a problem....even saw him take a viper from 60(and thats not bs).....If it comes down to it, and his friend gives him the t25, why still go out and buy another turbo...it would be pointess to do that..... i know stk t-25's are known for problems, but thats from EVERYONE beaten the hell out of it ALL THE TIME...... i race myine 2-3 times a day..... and have never had a problemeven taken it past 120 floored.....no problems you just have to have all the supporting mods to do it right....i didnt half @$$ my car, i went all the way(short of standalone , and pistons) my car runs fine and the turbo runs fine

Experienced TGC Member
    So you got a HUGE intercooler for a tiny ass turbo your running well out its effeciency range, and you also believe that psi is psi regardless of turbo...

i didnt half @$$ my car, i went all the way
    but you got a T25?

1994 Galant GS 5spd

well, im sorry i dont have all the money in theworld to spend on my car..... but my car will go just as fast as yours....and it is on a t-25....big whooped-tee-do......... how many horses you puttin down...on your what???? 8 psi

well, im sorry i dont have all the money in theworld to spend on my car..... but my car will go just as fast as yours....and it is on a t-25....big whooped-tee-do......... how many horses you puttin down...on your what???? 8 psi
    i must have missed the part where i was claiming my setup was better than yours.

when you find that part in the thread, you let me know.

what i'm saying is the t25 is a horrible turbo. you are the ONLY one on this board that seems to think it isn't. funny, all the other people who actually know what they're doing on dsmtuners feel the same way. and isn't it funny every tuner i've ever met feels the same way too.

unless we're boosting honda engines, the t25 is bad. don't claim you "went all the way", then tell us you're running a t25.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

WELL FIRST OF ALL....THE T-25 WOULD BE A BAD TURBO FOR SOME DSM TUNERS SEEIN AS HOW THE 2GS COME WITH THEM...ITS LIKE SAYING A STOCK CLUTCH IS BETTER THAN A STAGE 2 OR 3 CLUTCH.......AND NOW YOURE SAYIN I DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOIN......

Sorry bout the caps

Experienced TGC Member
    WELL FIRST OF ALL....THE T-25 WOULD BE A BAD TURBO FOR SOME DSM TUNERS SEEIN AS HOW THE 2GS COME WITH THEM...ITS LIKE SAYING A STOCK CLUTCH IS BETTER THAN A STAGE 2 OR 3 CLUTCH.......AND NOW YOURE SAYIN I DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOIN......

Sorry bout the caps
    Engrish is taking ovaaaa!!!!

Seriously, its hard to understand what your talking about. Though it hardly matters considering everything your saying is WRONG.

You stupid ricer. Stop reffering to psi as if you have any idea how it relates to power.

how is everything i am saying wrong.......First off: everyone is entitled to an opinion....right????
    secondly: i never said the 14b wasnt better...and i never said the t-25 was better....i simply stated that the t-25 wasnt as bad of a turbo as everyone is making it out to be...
    GRAMMA CHECK THAT MOTHER FUCKER

even for stock, it's still bad. the 14b comes stock on the one 1g, very sought after turbo. even the 13g is a good cheap upgrade for the 2g market. compared to other stock turbos, the t25 is the worst.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I UNDERSTAND THAT.. .BUT THAT WASNT THE QUESTION...... EVERYONE STARTED THINKING THAT THIS WAS AN ARGUEMENT THAT THE 14B WAS BETTER THAN THE T-25..I NEVER SAID IT WASNT...I SIMPLY STATED MY OPINION ABOUT THE SITUATION....AND SUDDENLY IM WRONG

lol calm down, we were all advising against your suggestion about using the t25. thats an opinion too. i'm saying getting the t25 would be bad when you can get better problem-free better-matched turbos for just a few more dollars

1994 Galant GS 5spd

WELL, jet black just said i was wrong and i quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black

Seriously, its hard to understand what your talking about. Though it hardly matters considering everything your saying is WRONG.

You stupid ricer. Stop reffering to psi as if you have any idea how it relates to power.

but you are wrong

1994 Galant GS 5spd

its all good man, i think we are just having problems understanding how your setup even performs as you say it is
    t'25's just don't ahve alot of breath in them. at their max rating of 15psi they only flow 405cfm.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

so what is in your setup completely. lets get a mods list. any pics. We love to see pictures.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    WELL, jet black just said i was wrong and i quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black

You are wrong, to which I was reffering to:

10 psi is 10psi NO MATTER WHAT TURBO YOU HAVE
    Though the rest of you shit is highly suspect. A T25 powered 2G that makes 300 hp at 19psi, and can suddenly take on a Viper (with given 300 hp)? Your using a "huge intercooler" for a TINY ass turbo that is struggling to just fill up your engine with air?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast