The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Flashing oil indicator when engine warms up.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Yura

Flashing oil indicator when engine warms up.

hi. My oil indicator is flashing. It happens only when the engine is hot and when the engine speed is less than 1000 RPM. So, when I start my Galant 2001 in the morning, the light doesnt show on for about 20 minuts. After that it starts flashing, when I drive slowly, or come to a full stop. If I start driving faster, the flashing disappears. I've tried to change oil and filter - no effect. What's going on? Is it serious? I will appreciate any information. Thanx.

sounds like to me is a faulty oil pressure switch.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

MtgVo

Hmm

My car seems to have the same problem. Any idea how much it'd cost to fix something like this? Thanks

Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    i was having the same problem this week, i thought it was my oil. so i changed it, and it was fine for 30 miles. the light came back on, so i did a search on here and found out it was a faulty oil pressure switch, got that changed for $25. Its fine so far, drove maybe 150 miles afterwards

Yura
    Yes, thank you, it was the oil indicator. I was charged 40 bucks, but I am still glad it was so easy.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    it's a $26 sensor, getting it replaced at the dealership will run you $153 (New York Prices)after labor. I had it corrected a few months ago. The good think about getting it replaced at the dealership is the warranty that comes with it.
    -Pedro