The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Greddy Profec B-spec II boost controller

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    What a night. Stripped the GSX out yesterday to get ready to race tonight. Seats, seatbelts, sub all came out. Tightening up all the piping, hoses, etc. Found a lot of oil around the filter and very low on the dipstick. I tightened up the oil filter and added more oil, no big deal. Then I get to the boost controller. I'm at 18 psi and wanted to change it to 22psi for the track tomorrow. I changed the pressure units from kPa to psi cuz its easier for me. Go back and see it is set at 18psi, try to change it and it won't. I can change Gain and Start Boost no problem. I'm going through the HI and LO settings and hitting more buttons than I should and now the boost reads 0. I run it around the block and it is indeed not boosting at all. Any suggestions or if anyone can point me in the right direction let me know. This thing isn't rocket science honestly. I go to adjust the Boost and it does nothing, just sits on 0. thanks.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I am assuming you checked your vacuume lines.

Some local guy a similar problem with his Greddy Profec..and it turned out the stepper motor went bye bye.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

vacuum is good. It just stops at 0 psi.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Was the Profec B used or new?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Is there a way to reset the settings in the EMBC?

I have a $10 solution for you, its called an MBC! Jk, if your not getting any boost and if its not a vacuum line, probably just resetting the maps/settings in the Profec is the best way to go about it. SOunds like it was boosting fine then something with the Profec screwed up.

Idk, I have no experience with them as Im too poor to afford one!

Internal gate or external gate? If its internal, make sure the wastegate arem did not pop off the flapper on the turbo. But even with that off, you can boost 1-2psi, at least on my tiny snail.
    7g for life!

I'd rather be manual honestly. It came with the car. External wastegate and theres no way it popped off. I talked to my mechanic and I told him I was tightening the piping and he thought I may have crushed one of the pipes. Just another idea. I need to get out of work and check some more things out. Its driving me crazy. A guy I know may come over with a MBC after I check a couple more things. I think the Profec is hosed IMO. Cuz I drove it the same day with no problems and nothing has popped off since its been in the garage.

I have the profec e01 which uses the exact same stepper.. Anyways like 4 g mentioned the stepper probrably went on vaction..

On the other hand by default the profecs will at a minimum give stock boost.. thats based on the stock actuator...so you should at least have bone stock... I dont know what that would be in your gsx..

I still have my hks mbc if need be.. I keep it around just for test purposes..

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yah if its running below what the spring in the wastegate is set to, you either have a leak with a line or a pipe, or something is wrong with the wastegate like its stuck open.

Mante is correct, you should be at least be able to run the amount of boost that the wastegate spring is for. Do a boost leak check, double check the wastegate and the spring in the gate.
    7g for life!

Sincere... have you turned off the profec? that way it should force it to give stock boost. I tried it on mine and sure enough stock...