The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: V6 Custom Turbo Buildup

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 153
    Experienced TGC Member
    No problem dude. Good luck.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I updated my sig too. Soon you will have to add this feature to your sig as well
    7g for life!

oh i hope not but I know it will happen.

Back in the Family!!

Experienced TGC Member
    lol hey guys, heres the original code:

Code:
    [size=9][url=http://www.thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38488] [color=red]V6 Custom Turbo Build[/color] [i]01-22-06[/i][/url]

[b][u]Parts:[/u][/b] Â* Â* Â*

[||||||||||] 

[b][u]Install:[/u][/b] Â* Â*

[|||-------] 

[b][u]Tuning:[/u][/b] Â* Â*

[----------][/size]

thanks!!! lol

Back in the Family!!

TGC Regular
    Jet Black I found this post by accident but hell I Started reading..lol
    What type of HP are you expected to get?
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donovan
    Honestly I have no clue. Drybear made 222 with a T3/T4 combo, though my turbo is quite a bit larger. So maybe 240 with proper tuning?

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Honestly I have no clue. Drybear made 222 with a T3/T4 combo, though my turbo is quite a bit larger. So maybe 240 with proper tuning?
    Damn..fa sho I hope more than 222...
    specially witha v6 ..
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    specially witha v6 ..
    remeber to the wheel the v6 only pushes like 160 so going to 222 is pretty good thats a 60+ increase.

Also remember, that the weak point in our V6 engine is the pistons, and without putting in stronger pistons, we can only safely go up to 8PSI - my dyno run was at 6PSI with a stock catback at base tune, so I also could probably eek out a few more HP with a better tune. Still, she does pull pretty hard :twisted:

Nice progress guys!

Are you going to go for a slimline fan, or do you have enough clearance for the stock fan with the controller relocated?

Where is the air filter going to sit? Have you figured out your intercooler piping yet?

BTW, I'd suggest installing the tranny cooler *now* so you won't have to removing the piping later to get at the stock tranny cooler lines. :oops: Unless of cource you still plan to go manual...

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano
    specially witha v6 ..
    remeber to the wheel the v6 only pushes like 160 so going to 222 is pretty good thats a 60+ increase.
    thanks for joggin ma memory..
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

Experienced TGC Member
    Ahh ok, I thought those numbers were a tad low. 8 psi and you should be right on top of 240. Possibly even up to 260 with an excellent tune, and a full 3". :twisted:

Well I'm going to be ordering a slimline with my next paycheck. As it is, even with the extra clearance we were able to scavange, I don't think the stock fan would work (stocker is HUGE).

As for the air filter, its probably going to sit right behind the drivers side headlight. Right around that area were theirs just empty space. (compressor > bov recirc pipe > maf > filter)

lol we havn't even began to think about the FMIC piping. Though I do plan to go the ghetto way for time being and use some flexible exhaust piping w/rubber coating on it. Heres the tutorial I'll be following:
    http://208.186.78.102/forums/showthread.php?t=98542

Considering that the DSMs run some 14-16 psi stock, I don't believe I have too many problems with it at 8 psi.

I think I'll install the tranny cooler soon (thanks for the heads up ~ didn't realize think about that). Considering that I'm basicly out of money to do anymore *major* mods, I'm going to try to keep this tranny for a while.

BTW After reading the thread over at Club3g about the overheating issues, I suddenly developed a whole new love for our grills (excellent airflow).

Quote Originally Posted by DryBear
    Also remember, that the weak point in our V6 engine is the pistons, and without putting in stronger pistons, we can only safely go up to 8PSI - my dyno run was at 6PSI with a stock catback at base tune, so I also could probably eek out a few more HP with a better tune. Still, she does pull pretty hard :twisted:

Nice progress guys!

Are you going to go for a slimline fan, or do you have enough clearance for the stock fan with the controller relocated?

Where is the air filter going to sit? Have you figured out your intercooler piping yet?

BTW, I'd suggest installing the tranny cooler *now* so you won't have to removing the piping later to get at the stock tranny cooler lines. :oops: Unless of cource you still plan to go manual...

well order your monster slimline, but if you really want a clean bay and room to work,
    get one that will fit in front of the radiator and run it as a pusher. or even two smaller ones.
    its nice to have the extra room to work with, especially when you are trying to fix leaks(coolant, boost, and exhaust) around the turbo and manifold.

looks clean too to have the extra space and less clutter.
    there really are no significant downsides to running it as a pusher either.

i plan to do it, not because i have any reason at all to, but just to make the engine bay cleaner.
    even with my beefy new snail and external gate, i still have plenty of room and clearance to work with. it will only get better with a pair of pushers.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

galant_got_speed
    may i ask where the HELL you guys get all this money?? i want turbo sooo bad its killing me to see these threads!

Well I'm going to be ordering a slimline with my next paycheck. As it is, even with the extra clearance we were able to scavange, I don't think the stock fan would work (stocker is HUGE).
    Which fan were you thinking to get? I still have the Hayden slim fan I never used.

lol we havn't even began to think about the FMIC piping. Though I do plan to go the ghetto way for time being and use some flexible exhaust piping w/rubber coating on it. Heres the tutorial I'll be following:
    http://208.186.78.102/forums/showthread.php?t=98542

Considering that the DSMs run some 14-16 psi stock, I don't believe I have too many problems with it at 8 psi.
    That's what Brandon aka Underated used initially for his intercooler piping before he took it to a shop to get hard pipe custom made. You might want to check with him.
    http://www.blacktrax.net/project001newU.html (Bottom of page)

BTW After reading the thread over at Club3g about the overheating issues, I suddenly developed a whole new love for our grills (excellent airflow).
    FYI I haven't had *any* overheating issues at all

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    well order your monster slimline, but if you really want a clean bay and room to work,
    get one that will fit in front of the radiator and run it as a pusher. or even two smaller ones.
    its nice to have the extra room to work with, especially when you are trying to fix leaks(coolant, boost, and exhaust) around the turbo and manifold.

looks clean too to have the extra space and less clutter.
    there really are no significant downsides to running it as a pusher either.

i plan to do it, not because i have any reason at all to, but just to make the engine bay cleaner.
    even with my beefy new snail and external gate, i still have plenty of room and clearance to work with. it will only get better with a pair of pushers.
    Honestly I was thinking about doing that, but about the only reason I want to keep it inside the engine bay is to act as a sort of shield against the turbo.

The turbo [with the extra room] is still only about two inches away from the radiator. I figure that instead of having to create my own "radiator guard" it might be easier to use the fan as a guard.

Another option [instead of using the fan as a "gaurd"] is this:
    I could possibly fabricate some sort of mount for the turbo like tearstone did (instead of bolting straight into the compressor housing, I plan to bolt it into one of the housing bolts:
    http://tearstone.com/shop/images/stories/v62.jpg

The reason I don't like the above idea is that it now adds a little too much rigidity to the turbo. Maybe I could use a heavy duty spring instead?

Quote Originally Posted by DryBear
    Which fan were you thinking to get? I still have the Hayden slim fan I never used.
    I was planning on using a spal fan. Hmmm how big is your Hayden fan (depth wise)?

That's what Brandon aka Underated used initially for his intercooler piping before he took it to a shop to get hard pipe custom made. You might want to check with him.
    http://www.blacktrax.net/project001newU.html (Bottom of page)
    Believe it or not, thats where I originally got my idea from. I googled it, and one of the first links was the "upgraded" version of the same idea (the rubber coated one).

FYI I haven't had *any* overheating issues at all
    Hell ya bro, thats what I want to hear. I read through that thread like 3 times before I realized that the key reason for their heating issues was the lack of any upper grill. Only when someone posted a picture of the Evos front, did it hit me.

BTW Do you know if our radiators (99-01) are the same as the ones on the 01 GT? Tear said the 01 GTs have a rediclously skinny radiators.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galant_got_speed
    may i ask where the HELL you guys get all this money?? i want turbo sooo bad its killing me to see these threads!
    We ALL are modding on a budget. If you want to see people with "bottumless wallets" for modding, go to the supra forums haha!
    7g for life!

galant_got_speed
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Quote Originally Posted by galant_got_speed
    We ALL are modding on a budget. If you want to see people with "bottumless wallets" for modding, go to the supra forums haha!
    budget?! some of these guys have put like 10k+ into their cars, how the FUCK is that a budget lol...ive put like 400 hahah...supra forums good god, get eaten alive over there.

speaking of budget...anyone know where theblackpearl has been? hes the one selling his parts right cuz hes moving? i wanted his NOS kit...

haha yah i used the flex pipe it worked great... i didnt coat it cuz it wasnt on the car very long but you can use this stuff called PLASTIDIP its a rubber coating that holds up to heat very well i got mine from homedepot. right now im using it to coat my trunk since i got rid of the carpet and the rear is gutted
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

how about an update already, you've been working on this for over a year

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast