The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone ever place @ H.I.N.

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Anyone ever place @ H.I.N.

Just like the title says....has anyone here on tgc ever placed @ a Hot Import Night Carshow? If so what place?? & what kind of competition??

I no i will not place...there's so much comp...maybe next year....but i do plan on attending the 8/6 H.I.N in dallas! Just curious...
    8)

I'll let you know how the July 30th show turns out for me up in Seattle. I'm not expecting anything, but am keeping my hopes high. The guys I've gone with for the past two years have yet to place. I think my car as a whole has more of a chance than them though. the 2-door class I think is tougher than the 4-door. One of the guys I'm rollin with has a good chance for stereo this year I think though. I'll keep everyone updated.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i'd like to try, but you have to know someone on the inside unless you wanna compete with every other ricer and his civic with rims. last time i went there were so many cars that had little to no modifications. anyone remember that integra with just cf hood and seats? the owner thought he was hot shit too.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    i'd like to try, but you have to know someone on the inside unless you wanna compete with every other ricer and his civic with rims..
    What u mean by that?...hmmmmm
    I might enter just for the fun of it...hell maybe pepsi will come up to me and be like"damn ur car has so much potential...we will give u a full sponsership"
    -Would be nice.....

Keep the comments comming...

Quote Originally Posted by SinSere
    I think my car as a whole has more of a chance than them though. the 2-door class I think is tougher than the 4-door.
    They way i understand off of there website.....Theclass I would fall under is
    Mitsubishi... Street.... they do not divide them into 2dr and 4dr i dont think... I know they have a street and wild.... and elite...hmmmmm

here in LA, they categorize the cars into wild or mild. in order for a car to be considered "wild", it has to have a conversion of some sort....2dr and 4dr are also separate categories unless it's for the Best Mitsu award where none matter but the brand

Thats how I read it too, was Mild and Wild 4-door. Thats how most the local shows categorize as well. I don't think 2 and 4-door cars should be in the same class, too many differences.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

spartus
    02on19s That toon is really hott. I wish I had one for my car!!

Censee
    most of the cars that win at these shows are trailer queens who dont see street use at all....its rididulous,,,,,,,id rather see a full blown street/race car with gutted interior win,,,rather than a show only car with 34 tvs and fiberglass interior,,,unfortunately its not judged that way...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>most of the cars that win at these shows are trailer queens who dont see street use at all....its rididulous,,,,,,,id rather see a full blown street/race car with gutted interior win,,,rather Â*than a show only car with 34 tvs and fiberglass interior,,,unfortunately its not judged that way...</div>

Yeah thats so correct from what I have seen at like SEMA and HIN, show cars with a billion tvs and fiberglass, not that theres anything wrong with tvs or fiberglass but the judging can be biased. There was an article in the June issue of modified mag that talked about this subject about how these guys that enter these shows have turbo, Nitrous, Tvs etc and havent even put them to use..
    shogun8g: I feel gay

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skillz911)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>most of the cars that win at these shows are trailer queens who dont see street use at all....its rididulous,,,,,,,id rather see a full blown street/race car with gutted interior win,,,rather Â*than a show only car with 34 tvs and fiberglass interior,,,unfortunately its not judged that way...</div>

Yeah thats so correct from what I have seen at like SEMA and HIN, show cars with a billion tvs and fiberglass, not that theres anything wrong with tvs or fiberglass but the judging can be biased. There was an article in the June issue of modified mag that talked about this subject about how these guys that enter these shows have turbo, Nitrous, Tvs etc and havent even put them to use..</div>

yeah, but those pure show cars with turbo and nitrous are only turned on to drive them in and out of the trailer. i've seen some that weren't even tuned. basically you couldn't even drive the car one block because the bare minimum was installed and it wouldn't be safe.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

yea judging is crazy - and i will be in the same class as - evo's subaru's....damn....

I think I might enter just for fun....not sure yet :?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02on19s)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea judging is crazy - and i will be in the same class as - evo's subaru's....damn....

I think Â*I might enter just for fun....not sure yet :?</div>

Hey I say go for it, show people what can be done with a Galant. Thats how I look at it. Everyones used to seeing evo's ,sti's etc...
    shogun8g: I feel gay

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skillz911)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02on19s)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea judging is crazy - and i will be in the same class as - evo's subaru's....damn....

I think Â*I might enter just for fun....not sure yet :?</div>

Hey I say go for it, show people what can be done with a Galant. Thats how I look at it. Everyones used to seeing evo's ,sti's etc...</div>
    Thats true huh.....

when my cars painted.. rest assure it'll be in h.i.n. in new orleans..
    www.anti-rice.com

lasthopeskrispy: so i was fucking this guy in the ass over the weekend and you know what he decides to do....he reaches around and cups my balls. I was like hey what a fag!

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(low sittin 8g)</div><div class='quotemain'>when my cars painted.. rest assure it'll be in h.i.n. in new orleans..</div>

wait, how long has HIN been there?!?!!?

as many years as i've been living an hour away, i never went, that is, if it has been there. lol
    -Chris