The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G Evo Carbon Fiber Hood - now in production for sale

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 48
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

7G Evo Carbon Fiber Hood - now in production for sale

oh man, i've been desperatly trying to figure out how to get $500. i HAVE to have this thing. damn turbo project got my wallet hurtin. i've wanted a cf evo hood for our cars for a lifetime now. i'm worried that they really don't have it, and it's a mistake or something. i wish they had an actual picture i guess i'll have to call to make sure.

it's by the same company that now makes the infamous erac1ng kit and the fenders, so i wonder what the quality of the hood would be like.

http://www.streetconcept.com/3116.html
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Damn. The hottness.

Let's get a CF trunk lid and I'm game. (Although that'll never happen.)

Experienced TGC Member
    congrat's y'all.

looks good.. but are there any pics of it actually installed on a 7g yet?
    -Chris

Re: 7G Evo Carbon Fiber Hood - now in production for sale

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(quicksilver22)</div><div class='quotemain'>looks good.. but are there any pics of it actually installed on a 7g yet?</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'm worried that they really don't have it, and it's a mistake or something. i wish they had an actual picture Â*i guess i'll have to call to make sure.</div>

Import_Beast
    I want it! .. peano lemme know what you find out

u guys should make sure it has DOHC clearance for those who have DOHC engines

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I think that DOHC clearance is a myth. Me and Proto both have DOHC and both have the flat no-hump hood without problem...
    7g for life!

hmm ok then...but judging by the pics of that hood, it looks like it would clear even if u had clearance issues

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think that DOHC clearance is a myth. Â*Me and Proto both have DOHC and both have the flat no-hump hood without problem...</div>

man i've been saying that for years :?

when is we gon be free????

damn that hood looks sick i want it
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

Proto
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think that DOHC clearance is a myth. Â*Me and Proto both have DOHC and both have the flat no-hump hood without problem...</div>

Its better to have the bump for clearance but you do have to push the hood down if you dont have the bump. Not necessary though

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    do you think a person would still need hood pins fr this hood
    I' think i'm gonna call them, just heard about this. I also have been wanting a cf evo hood for years.

judging by the pics though, it looks a little short in length. I'll have to try to call monday, the phone just rang and rang when i tried today.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>do you think a person would still need hood pins fr this hood
    Â*I' think i'm gonna call them, just heard about this. Â*I also have been wanting a cf evo hood for years.

judging by the pics though, it looks a little short in length. Â*I'll have to try to call monday, the phone just rang and rang when i tried today.</div>

those arn't actual pics though. doesn't surprise me that they didn't pick up.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i shot them an email, that came back with an auto responce, "all their people are at Hot import Days..." they get back to me as soon as they can blah blaa, blah...

Import_Beast
    I spoke with soemone there and He told me that he had them in stock but had no actuall pictures..i think its 515 plus 100 for shipping and if we get a group buy going we can get it for cheaper,I forgot to ask if the edges are rolled or cut

pff, i saw the $100 for shipping, then looked up their address. only 2 hours away. i'm driving there if i'm gonna get it, no way i'm paying $100 for shipping when i can just spend $20 in gas.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I spoke with soemone there and He told me that he had them in stock but had no actuall pictures</div>

another thing, no one finds this a little sketchy? it takes my mom 5 minutes to take a picture and put it on her computer, and she's computer RETARDED. i don't like how they don't have 5 minutes in their day to take a picture.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'> only 2 hours away. </div>

Wasn't erac1ng only 2 hours away. hehehe. They aren't 2 hours in the same direction are they?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'> only 2 hours away. </div>

Wasn't erac1ng only 2 hours away. hehehe. They aren't 2 hours in the same direction are they?</div>

the EXACT same direction. the addresses are only 20 minutes apart. thats why this whole thing is still really shady to me. the phone numbers don't match, nor do the names though.

if i were to ever buy this hood though, since i would be going to pick it up, if it was in fact "erac1ng" you can bet i'm gonna turn around and report back here imediately.

i hope it isn't though, for my and everyone elses sake. this is the hood we've all wanted more than the body kit and fenders combined.

for you guys who called, and got through to someone, did they have an accent? and how was their english? mic at "erac1ng" spoke poor english and had an asian-esque accent, and he was the only english-speaking representation that company had.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Import_Beast
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'> only 2 hours away. </div>

Wasn't erac1ng only 2 hours away. hehehe. They aren't 2 hours in the same direction are they?</div>

the EXACT same direction. the addresses are only 20 minutes apart. thats why this whole thing is still really shady to me. the phone numbers don't match, nor do the names though.

if i were to ever buy this hood though, since i would be going to pick it up, if it was in fact "erac1ng" you can bet i'm gonna turn around and report back here imediately.

i hope it isn't though, for my and everyone elses sake. this is the hood we've all wanted more than the body kit and fenders combined.

for you guys who called, and got through to someone, did they have an accent? and how was their english? mic at "erac1ng" spoke poor english and had an asian-esque accent, and he was the only english-speaking representation that company had.</div>

No accent, he spoke perfect english..I also find the no pic a lil sketchy

i sent them this email
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I am very interested in this hood. Â*Before i order, i was wondering if you could send me demensions of the hood, width acroos from left to right, length down the middle, and also length from the left and right side at the shortest point. Â*Thanks</div>

they replied 55"X50"X8"

what i measured:
    44 1/2" down the middle
    ~54" across
    ~44" down the side of the hood

even if they measured length, width and depth, those #'s don't match up.

Hey peano didn't you say once that you left them a hood for developing a cf evo hood? i thought i remembered you saying that you took erac1ng a hood last year. i could be wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast