The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G Evo Carbon Fiber Hood - now in production for sale

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 48
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    no you're right, i dropped off my original oem hood for them. i remember leaving it on his grass and he said he couldn't wait to do it. i wonder if this is a product of their work, or if this street concept company actually made it on their own.

if those dimensions dont match then it is sketchy bullshit. unless someone wants to be our test bunny

edit: it might not be erac1ng, because they didn't make all these body kits that this company has. unless they're just buying them wholesale.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ok im with u guys with the whole sketchy company but doesn't any1 remember erac1ng making a kit for the 8G and tercel. i was looking at this site and couldnt find either of the kits. i did find that they sold the fenders. so if any has the cash time and balls to look into this company, thanks in advance. this is a good plus for us 7Gers; a new company to play with
    05 - Scion tC
    95 - Mitsubishi Galant S
    K&N FPIK Intake ; KYB GR-2s ; Eibach Pro-Kit
    Currently in Project:
    DOHC (i jus need a few more parts)
    AT Built Tranny (just need axles)

little offtopic.........but i read in another forum that erac1ng had made a new store with a different name.....

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice
    i sent them this email
    I am very interested in this hood. Before i order, i was wondering if you could send me demensions of the hood, width acroos from left to right, length down the middle, and also length from the left and right side at the shortest point. Thanks
    they replied 55"X50"X8"

what i measured:
    44 1/2" down the middle
    ~54" across
    ~44" down the side of the hood

even if they measured length, width and depth, those #'s don't match up.

Hey peano didn't you say once that you left them a hood for developing a cf evo hood? i thought i remembered you saying that you took erac1ng a hood last year. i could be wrong.
    Most likely he gave you shipping dimensions of the box. They probably don't wanna open the box 'cos of how picky people can be about getting unopened merch. That would explain the lack of pics as well.

If peano mounts it when he picks it up, I'm sure they'd be happy to take pics of it then.
    Jesse

1994 Galant GS

streetconcept
    Yes that measurement was for the box, not the actual hoods.

well can we get an actual hood measurement?

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    If i knew several sales of this hood were pending due to measurements of the hood, i'd take the time to open a box, measure the hood, and then put the hood in a new box.

Another thing that raises my brow is, how did streetconcept know to post on tgc? :puzzled1: Or, maybe they have been here before under a different name. :?: :!:

dave1
    Well guys the who is information for the site is

Strevda
    David Ochi
    5 Woodland Drive
    Irvine, CA 92604
    PHONE: 9495596754
    FAX: 9492032811
    Email: [email protected]

So that strevda company is registered to

Administrative Contact:
    , [email protected]
    Strevda, LLC
    David Ochi 5 Woodland Irvine, CA 92604
    United States
    949-559-6794 Fax -- 949-203-2811
    Technical Contact:
    Ochi, David [email protected]
    Strevda, LLC
    5 Woodland Irvine, CA 92604
    United States

names match up id give them numbers a call before i buy anything

Most scammers would have domains not registered to anyone that can be traced. They
    use "carded" domains

so i think they are a legit company but. Hey 500 bux is alot to through away so if someone can go there and check out what they are doing it be nice.

Screw mesurments. Asking that online will do NOTHING to prevent you from being scammed. They can call a junk yard and say hey give me the mesurments on a galant hood. they will call them back in 20 min with them then they post it on here..

Like i said i trust the company personaly because their domain is sorta verifable (if the number works) But i would recomend going to check them out personally

Another thing that raises my brow is, how did streetconcept know to post on tgc? :puzzled1: Or, maybe they have been here before under a different name. :?: :!:
    very good point.

Screw mesurments. Asking that online will do NOTHING to prevent you from being scammed. They can call a junk yard and say hey give me the mesurments on a galant hood. they will call them back in 20 min with them then they post it on here..
    scamming isn't a concern for me, because my tolerance for this shit is so low, if they scam me or anyone i personally know, a cf hood is going to be the least of everyone's worries.

i'm more concerned with fitment and clearance issues.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

dave1
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    very good point.

scamming isn't a concern for me, because my tolerance for this shit is so low, if they scam me or anyone i personally know, a cf hood is going to be the least of everyone's worries.

yea your right i didnt even think of that. right now my mind is in getting scammed mode man. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by dave1
    very good point.

yea your right i didnt even think of that. right now my mind is in getting scammed mode man. Sorry
    oh i feel your pain. anyone who's been ripped off by ebay/paypal deserves to comit a few crimes and get away with it. that shit is insane.

don't worry about getting scammed by these guys. if anything happens i'll personally go down there and change things. after erac1ng destroyed my car and ripped off a ton of people i take this shit seriously.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

TGC Regular
    and guess who lives 1.47 miles away from that address???

i might not be that big, but i think i might know a couple russians here and there, lol.

oh, and matt can bring his shotgun too, hehe

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I just want a C/F hood...and if this is a 7g EVO hood, then i'm pretty much in. I am just concerned with fitment, and quality of the hood...it seems anything besides VIS use cheap coating which within months starts to peel or turn yellow. I am leaning on just getting a OEM style C/F hood from VIS...their quality is unquestionable.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    C/F hood from VIS...their quality is unquestionable.
    except my VIS side skirts which were 2" too short on both sides

2 inches

let me rephrase that

two inches

sorry, side skirts that are 2 inches short are just ghetto-made

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    C/F hood from VIS...their quality is unquestionable.

2 inches

let me rephrase that

two inches

sorry, side skirts that are 2 inches short are just ghetto-made
    Did you buy them directly from VIS or an authorized VIS distrubutor? ALOT of Ebay "Invader" kits and even Ereubuni make that same kit. Maybe a ghetto body kit poser company made your sideskirts.
    My comment on VIS quality is based on their C/F hoods...they are immaculate.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

monkeyracer
    After my second ebay hood was for an 8g (again), but everywhere in the auction and even the pics showed it was for a 7g, I too am cautious with this and all ebay hoods.
    I'd be in if it weren't for school coming up to take my every available dollar!

I'd really like to know how to make a quick 650. anybody know??

**Comment on VIS Racing:
    If you buy a true VIS racing hood, the quality is great, the second hood I got that was wrong was a VIS hood, and the differences were big between the fake VIS hood (fake meaning no VIS badge on the underside) the latch was crap, the reinforcements were not matched to the original hood (yes I looked at the 8g hood) the edges were rolled, kinda, and overall the finish looked dull compared to when the vis one came in.

the body kit I got is supposed to be VIS (invader style), wrapped in VIS racing printed foam wrap, and then in more VIS racing printed plastic, in a VIS box, but it's fitment is off on the front bumper. I have about 1.5cm of extra kit near the driver's headlight, also the Side skirts were just barely too short, and need modification to fit. the rear bumper was the only thing that went on smooth.

If someone checks these guys out, and brings their camera, I think everybody here will wet themselves if this is a legit, quality 7g evo hood. I know I will. Somebody, please find out!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4-G-rim)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4-G-rim)</div><div class='quotemain'> C/F hood from VIS...their quality is unquestionable.</div>

2 inches

let me rephrase that

two inches

sorry, side skirts that are 2 inches short are just ghetto-made</div>

Did you buy them directly from VIS or an authorized VIS distrubutor? ALOT of Ebay "Invader" kits and even Ereubuni make that same kit. Maybe a ghetto body kit poser company made your sideskirts.
    My comment on VIS quality is based on their C/F hoods...they are immaculate.</div>

no it was from bodykits.com, supposedly VIS. it was even wrapped in VIS plastic..... i know that still doesn't mean anything though. probably was fake

1994 Galant GS 5spd

monkeyracer
    that's what I'm saying, they probably had it wrapped in the vis plastic and sold it as vis.

streetconcept
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1
    Well guys the who is information for the site is

Strevda
    David Ochi
    5 Woodland Drive
    Irvine, CA 92604
    PHONE: 9495596754
    FAX: 9492032811
    Email: [email protected]

So that strevda company is registered to

Administrative Contact:
    , [email protected]
    Strevda, LLC
    David Ochi 5 Woodland Irvine, CA 92604
    United States
    Technical Contact:
    Ochi, David [email protected]
    Strevda, LLC
    5 Woodland Irvine, CA 92604
    United States

names match up id give them numbers a call before i buy anything

Most scammers would have domains not registered to anyone that can be traced. They
    use "carded" domains

so i think they are a legit company but. Hey 500 bux is alot to through away so if someone can go there and check out what they are doing it be nice.

Like i said i trust the company personaly because their domain is sorta verifable (if the number works) But i would recomend going to check them out personally

THis is our webn master, we outsource www.websonic.com to create our web site. We do body kit we dont do web site.
    WE are here in santa ana, you can ceck it out.
    My name is Heru you can call me direct at my office 714 265.4123

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Import_Beast
    I want it! .. peano lemme know what you find out
    i want urs if u get that carbon fiber one.. lol.. but for real.. seriously ill prob. buy it..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast