The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: paint problems

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 42
    osiris612

paint problems

my mirrors and door handles are turning white (orginally red) does anyone have this problem too? and what did you do to fix it?
    e-mail me at [email protected] if you have any suggestions thanks

is the paint chipping, peeling or is it just turning white? have u used any chemicals on your paint or something like that. is the paint turning white or is there some white stuff covering it up.

my suggestion is to check out a body shop and a detailing shop to see if they can figure out whats going wrong and if your paint can still be saved

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Use NU Finish. Works for me.

osiris612
    i didn't do anything to it washed it like 2 weeks ago with a turtle wax brand saop didn't put any chemicals on it and it is turning whte like it is oxidizing kinda like paont would after 10-15yrs

Gilhuly
    My door handles started doing it at like 35K. It happens most when the car is cold and wet. It's like defective clearcoat or something. I didn't do anything. My car is the 99 beige/gold color - it doesn't show up that much. If you are still under warrantee - get it in there - its covered.

BlueESV6
    The warranty on the paint is like 100k miles or 10 years isn't it? Mitsu should buy that! On a side note a buddy (who's an engineer) and I were talking about colors and which ones hold up best under ultraviolet conditions. He was saying red was the least able to handle the harsh conditions... for what that's worth...

Big H Killa
    I have the same problem. I noticed it one day after washing the car. I have the gold champaigne color for the 2000 I4's. If the paint really is covered for that long if I'm the second owner of the car would the warranty roll over to me. Because those little white dots all over my handles really piss me off. At first I though it might be water spots from not drying it good then I washed my car like three more times and nothing those little dots are still there. But please people let me know about this warranty thing.

the big paint warranty is for rust thru i recall...

as for Big H Killa's problem, i had that too. i think its like from washing my car with some hard water .u know that stuff u find on the shower door. well i just hit up the car with the zymol and all gone

Big H Killa
    What is Zymol and is it like the Mother's Clay Bar. Cause if it is I was gonna buy it this weekend to see what kinda shit I can pull off my car.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big H Killa)</div><div class='quotemain'>What is Zymol and is it like the Mother's Clay Bar. Cause if it is I was gonna buy it this weekend to see what kinda shit I can pull off my car.</div>

clay bar is good to use with zymol. uhm zymol is a cleaner wax. its gives a high gloss shine to your car. its more seen as a show wax since many show cars use it

Big H Killa
    It's not one of those wax's that cost like 150 bucks for a small handfull is it

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big H Killa)</div><div class='quotemain'>It's not one of those wax's that cost like 150 bucks for a small handfull is it</div>

zymol does make a wax like that. but im just talking about the everyday 13 dollar bottle of wax...

Big H Killa
    oh ok thankgod cause i can't see anyone paying that much money for wax but apparently people do b/c they keep on making it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big H Killa)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh ok thankgod cause i can't see anyone paying that much money for wax but apparently people do b/c they keep on making it.</div>

i can see people paying that much money. i mean i've seen paint jobs that run over 30 thousand dollars. and well, i ain't gonna ruin my 30 thousand dolalr paint job with not damn car wax that you picked up at the dollar store.

Big H Killa
    Damn 30 thousand for a paint job now I understand why they make such exspensive wax. Thanx alot Pinoy

Hey guys, I also found out this matter too appearing on my galant's rear view mirror housing, door handle. I have no clue what caused this white spot appearance. It doesn't seems like acid rain , cuz the surface seems still with clear coat on it. I believe there might be something wrong with the addictive or prime or even the paint on the mirror causing the chamical reaction. I guess there is nothing I can use to get rid of it right??
    BTW, here is what it looks like on my galant :x
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitsugalant2k
    Founder of:
    The Galant Center NJ Chapter http://www.tgcnj.com
    SpeedImpact.com
    http://www.speedimpact.com

Member of:
    Facin' Reality Auto Club (NJ Chapter)

Ewww... Crop circles.

Did you accidentally spray something on it and not realize? Or perhaps something leaked on it where you parked?

1) I once had some Castro Super Clean in an empty Maguires bottle and I sprayed this crap all over the hood of my car a few days after I bought the Galant. It immediately hazed over so I sprayed more, thinking this was the haze I needed to wipe off. It got worse. I opened the bottle and saw the familiar purple liquid and I knew I had made a mistake. I immediatley applied NU Finish on the hood and the shine came back. I've had no problems since. Castro Super Clean can strip paint. I was lucky.

2) In the underground parking at my job, when it rains, the roof of the parking garage leaks and it combines with the white paint and drips on cars. Several cars were damaged. It looked just like your mirror, Manus.

ok guys i talked to manus earlier and this is what he told me.

well first of all, he used meguir's cleaner wax on it, it didn't come off.

secondly well, i think it has something to do with the weather in that region. osiris612 is in NY, manus is right next door in NJ and manus was tellign me how his friend's with mitsu has the same problem recently...so im thinking some kind of chemical reaction due to the weather.

Is it all over his car or just the mirror? That's frickin' crazy.

Give Nu Finish a try. Seem like I'm talking to myself about this shit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>Is it all over his car or just the mirror? Â*That's frickin' crazy.</div>

its on his mirror and some of his door handles. those are plastic pieces, maybe the primer or something special they might have used to paint those pieces cuz its plastic or maybe a chemical reaction because of the plastic i dunno. he said its not on the trim the gas lid, the bumper covers and a door handle or two but who knows that the future can bring

o yea manus thinks its coming from the inside cuz he said his clear coat looks fine. so im guessing car wax or whatever won't really work cuz the clear coat is still good. so he says

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast