The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New 6G Owner/GC Member, Lo!

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    plunkotica

New 6G Owner/GC Member, Lo!

Hey guys, from Australia here!

I've owned my Galant GSR - 1990 2.0i 4G63 non turbo, for about two weeks now. It's in farily decent condition. Except for the gearbox.

I some experience with cars, but not alot. I just had a new gearbox put in, serivce and all, so now it's on the road. But yeah, I was just wondering where you guys would start with getting a little more juice from this car? Nothing major, just a tiny bit more omph!

Also, anything to make this car look a little nicer (even tho it looks sweet to me anywho!)

I love this car now.

ok, look nicer....well it has a bodykit, but if u wanna change it, the only one u'll find is a custom, where they build it specifically to ur car...but thats $$$s! other than that i guess theres always rims, paint, better exhaust.

should be able to turbo the engine, as its the exact same as the galant vr4 2.0L turbo, but cost i dunno! depends how far u go with it as to how much money u wanna put into it!

that answer a few questions? lol and gday gday

plunkotica
    i thought the engine for the 2.0i 4G63 nt was too weak to handle a turbo?

Experienced TGC Member
    G'day Mate!!!!!!!!!

welcome to TGC
    -Chris

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(plunkotica)</div><div class='quotemain'>i thought the engine for the 2.0i 4G63 nt was too weak to handle a turbo?</div>

doubt it, its a 4G63 2.0L dohc, same as the vr4 has...i think u'll find they're the same engine...least thats wat i thought lol

plunkotica
    hmmm, veerryy interesting. i will DEFINITLEY look into this further.

i'll post a pic of my new baby as soon as i can. i also discovered an air horn hidden away behind the bumper lol

lol nice
    imo, this car cant be turned into a full-on beast, but can certainly b turned into a competitor lol
    these models, coz they look so dodgy, make good sleepers. dont put full on flashy rims, just put it under the hood, and u will b able 2 give the ricers a run 4 their money

http://www.rpw.com.au/Customer%20Cars/CUS0...055mainpage.htm
    http://redlineau.com/gallery/view_album.ph...bumName=albuo36 - imo very ugly! :shock:
    http://forum.hot4s.com.au/messageview.cfm?...&threadid=19878

just some sites 2 read and look at them

plunkotica
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>these models, coz they look so dodgy, make good sleepers. dont put full on flashy rims, just put it under the hood, and u will b able 2 give the ricers a run 4 their money</div>
    that was sort of the idea

im still confused with the possibility of turbo-charging this engine, wouldnt i need the 4G63T? and not the plain old 4G63? or is it something to do with the fact that it's the 2l dohc version?

if it can be done with the plain ol' non-turbo, can someone point me in the right direction?

and here are the pics i promised hehe!

what state u in?

plunkotica
    SA mate! i've seen quite a few aussies around the forum

also many thanks Spackbace for those links

this is a well known place in wa for doing work on mitsubishis:
    www.rpw.com.au
    and their price list:
    http://www.rpw.com.au/Retail%20Pricing%20P...0PDF%20V101.pdf
    (go to page 19 for prices for ur engine)
    just send em an email and ask them questions if ur curious

*Edit* np, gettin off the net now lol, i'll reply 2 anything else later or 2moro
    and yeah, we may have ugly cars, with big arses, but atleast they have the potential 2 kick arse lol