The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SOS SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP w/ RADIO & HVAC's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

SOS SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP w/ RADIO & HVAC's

I was looking at another 8th generation galant and I saw that they switched their radio from the top to the bottom. I tried to do it myself and I ended up making a mess. Can someone please explain to me how you change your deck to the bottom portion of the console and also how to remove the HVAC's so I can work around the radio easier. HELP PLEASE!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i am also wondering how to do this because i have the flipout tv and it blocks my vents i actually tried doing it today but i was getting some resistance from the ac controls. i also am curious on how to mount them i want the ac controls either on top or bottom pref ottom and the head unit in the middle thanks

uhm. the hvac control unit is just held in by the 4 screws.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i know how to remove them sorry on my clarity of my problem...there is a metal rod that is giving me resistence from the ac controls on top of the unit and i dont want to break anything...also i am curious on how i should mount everything back into thier new areas
    head unit where the ac controls were and the ac contols in one of the stock head unit mounts whith the different braces
    thanks

[quote="pinoyesv6"]uhm. the hvac control unit is just held in by the 4 screws.

You are exactly right pinoy. I took those 4 screws off. Now its just getting the hvacs out completely so I can work with the radio better. Its something holding it from the back!!

the only thing that is holding the ac unit once you remove the screws are just the various cables that are connected to the unit. remove them and you should be good to go.

there is no metal rod on the top of hte unit. i've taken my unit in and out several times and there is no metal rod on the top of hte unit holding it in.

So just pop those things out in the back of the HVAC's and its free?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fatal1)</div><div class='quotemain'>i know how to remove them sorry on my clarity of my problem...there is a metal rod that is giving me resistence from the ac controls on top of the unit and i dont want to break anything...also i am curious on how i should mount everything back into thier new areas
    head unit where the ac controls were and the ac contols in one of the stock head unit mounts whith the different braces
    thanks</div>

To piggy back off of this. How do you line up the radio once its on the bottom? Do you have to reverse the things that hold the radio in place?

if you look at my radio there are lil tabs on the side that slide into the plastic on the car. if you look at the bottom slot they have that same place for the tabs to slide into.

I'll take a look at it. Are you going to post a picture of your radio on here.

I moved mine down its just a matter of drilling some new holes to tighten down the hvac
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'>I moved mine down its just a matter of drilling some new holes to tighten down the hvac
    </div>

That looks very nice. Where you have the HVAC's is where Im trying to put my deck.

thanks and where you putting the hvac's

2001 Galant ES

I would leave the HVAC where they are. I just needed to know how to take it out so I could move the radio around better. Feel me. Are those TV's in your second tray. If so that is some tight $hitt!

oh thats easy then just a matter or loosening up the hvac to get the radio wires behind it and down to the bottom
    whats gonna go at the top? a screen
    yeah those are my lil tvs

2001 Galant ES

You got it! I have this 7 inch that im gonna put in the top part. My other question was when I do move it down, where do I connect the radio as far as securing it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(macknati)</div><div class='quotemain'>You got it! Â*I have this 7 inch that im gonna put in the top part. Â*My other question was when I do move it down, where do I connect the radio as far as securing it.</div>

hmm
    guess you just gotta secure it by the front of the radio,..fabricate it somehow cause the radio is held down by one screw in the back and you dont have that option at the bottom unless a hole could be drilled for it

2001 Galant ES

I don't see why you need to remove the HVAC just to move your head unit to the bottom. Just unplug everything from the back of the head unit, then fish the wires down under the HVAC and connect them back to your head unit. The only thing that you'd have to worry about is how the head unit will mount in the back if there is no peg on the right side and hole for the screw on the left side.

Thanks alot for all of you guys input. I went home yesterday and got it done. I like the radio being on the bottom. This website is a lifesaver.

BottomBoy
    Is there a way to have AC controls at bottom, a head unit with screen for dvd in middle, then a regular cd player at top where stock is?

Might need a splitter or somthing to have 2 head units.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast