The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AEM’s External 10-Channel Peak & Hold Injector Driver Mo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

AEM’s External 10-Channel Peak & Hold Injector Driver Mo

sup guys --- like others i am going turbo with the i4 very soon.. Already got a 14b, exhaust mani, o2 -- and a few other toys. I am looking for injectors and i figured the 450s off the dsm with the resistor box like a lot of people. For one thing i have not seen any pictures of any decent looking engine bays with the resistor pack. It looks all ghetto wired and what not -- not saying thats what you guys have but the pics ive seen are gay. Any way i came across a post with AEM’s External 10-Channel Peak & Hold Injector Driver Module in it saying you just have to plug a few plugs up and you can still use the low impedance 450s with out rewiring manually.... ??? has any one heard or have this item as it is very interesting and if it does in fact work i would go that route... the msrp is like 330 or 350 from aems site and the link is below for info...

http://www.aempower.com/press_events_detail.asp?aid=46
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Experienced TGC Member
    Dude no offense, though paying 300$ for something that you can just as easily recreate for $10 is GHEY.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.c...tnumber=004-5.6

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    even if you bought a 2g resistor pack, you'd spend $60 or so. just because other people have ghetto wired it doesn't mean you have to lol
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

aem

lol .. yea i know -- im planning on some 450s wit tha resistor pack but i wanted to know if anyone had this or has used / heard anything on it. 350 could be put to better use but on the info it states it has benefits over the resistor pack... i was curious if it was true although i would probably go the resistor route. [/quote]
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Experienced TGC Member

Re: aem

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant
    lol .. yea i know -- im planning on some 450s wit tha resistor pack but i wanted to know if anyone had this or has used / heard anything on it. 350 could be put to better use but on the info it states it has benefits over the resistor pack... i was curious if it was true although i would probably go the resistor route.
    You know I was thinking, for that much money it MUST do something special (possibly make interchanging high/low imp injectors a breeze?).

Re: aem

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant
    the info it states it has benefits over the resistor pack...
    of course it would state that. they're trying to sell their product by placing it higher over others. i dont think it would be practical.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

lol

lol -- yup yup - so what ur sayin is dont buy it - ha na im getting some 450s off a laser and the resistor pack... im not 100 % on the install - is there instructions or tutorials or for the install and another silly question - i only see one resistor box on the ghetto pics so i assume ill only need one ???? thanks for the info guys

Experienced TGC Member
    You only need one resistor pack. Also are you sure you want to use injectors that are that old? I really suggest you spend a little extra money and get reconditioned injectors from this guy (see below). They come flow tested, and are paired together based off their flow results (so basicly they all flow almost exactly the same). Find out what model number is for the injectors and look em up on this site:

http://injectors4u.com/injector_prices.htm

it's pretty basic.

i was picasso in a former life.

don't touch the ground wires. take all four 12v wires from the factory harness, wire them into one, and send it to the white wire on the resistor pack. it may not be white on the resistor pack, but whatever color is all alone, you want that one.

then wire up the 12v wire for each injector into the remaining wires from the resistor pack. they might not be black, but you get the idea.

there's one wire of one color, and then 4 wires of another color on the resistor pack.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Dude no offense, though paying 300$ for something that you can just as easily recreate for $10 is GHEY.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...number=004-5.6
    agreed

brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    even if you bought a 2g resistor pack, you'd spend $60 or so. just because other people have ghetto wired it doesn't mean you have to lol
    I resent this comment!

ES-Turbo
    You guys could just get the 440cc injector package from Tearstone. It uses high impedance injectors so there's no need for resistor's and it includes the necessary spacers, bolts and injector clips.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ES-Turbo
    You guys could just get the 440cc injector package from Tearstone. It uses high impedance injectors so there's no need for resistor's and it includes the necessary spacers, bolts and injector clips.

Good point. Its about $300 on their site:
    http://www.tearstone.com/portal/index.php?...id=21&Itemid=31

Not to jack the thread...but look how sexy this kit is...

oh damn i totally forgot about that. i almost got 550cc high impedance injectors just so i didn't have to get a resistor pack. but i had a hard time finding a good deal on them. turned out to be cheaper to get the 450ccs and 2g resistor pack.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    I resent this comment!
    Its SIMPLE wiring and don't see how you can get "ghetto" unless you go wire happy and have tons of slack. $300 for the AEM is a waste....any in depth DSM'er will say the same thing. At most you'll be spending $100 for both 450cc and a OEM Mitsu resistor pack. For the $200 you would be saving...you could spend it on a supporting mod like a nice adjustable FPR, Boost controller, or even go bigger injectors.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    Just to point out, you might have trouble running such large injectors on the stock ECU, without some sort of fuel controller.

*cough* eManage ULTIMATE!!!! *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Just to point out, you might have trouble running such large injectors on the stock ECU, without some sort of fuel controller.

*cough* eManage ULTIMATE!!!! *cough*
    lol, i kinda figured that was a given. what kind of fuel computer are you going to run?

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ES-Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    At most you'll be spending $100 for both 450cc and a OEM Mitsu resistor pack. For the $200 you would be saving...you could spend it on a supporting mod like a nice adjustable FPR, Boost controller, or even go bigger injectors.
    True, but for that $100 you'll be getting a set of used injectors out of a car that's probably around 10 years old. You might save $200 but how much is your engine worth?

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    At most you'll be spending $100 for both 450cc and a OEM Mitsu resistor pack. For the $200 you would be saving...you could spend it on a supporting mod like a nice adjustable FPR, Boost controller, or even go bigger injectors.
    True, but for that $100 you'll be getting a set of used injectors out of a car that's probably around 10 years old. You might save $200 but how much is your engine worth?
    that's why you get them tested and cleaned

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ES-Turbo
    that's why you get them tested and cleaned
    Isnt it about $25 per injector to have them tested and cleaned? So now your saving $100 and you still have a set of used fuel injectors. Just because they test out good and flow good does not mean they still have the same life expectancy as a new injector, it just means they are working good now. I'd rather spend the $100 than play the odds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast