The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gauge Install's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    LTK
    nice gauges

[quote=

i dont have any pics of where i tapped, but this is probably the easiest to install. you can either tap it at the ecu or from the engine bay like i did, which is not the best way. just splice into your pre-cat o2 signal.[/quote]

there are three wires coming out of the 8g O2 which one should be used?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    whichever is the signal wire for the o2 reading. one wire should be 12v+, one should be ground, and then there's the signal wire

there should be four though, an extra wire for the heater circuit, but i know as much about the 8G as i do about islam
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i thought i only saw three, but i took a quick look and could be wrong. and that layout it what i though it was with the + ,ground, and sinal i just didnt know which one is which because they are all balck, i think one is black with a white stripe and one is black with a yellow stripe, and the other one is soild black i think. Can anybody shed anylight on this?

this "how to thread" is awesome. thanxs guys! it's too bad I have 3 APC gauges :cry:

does anyone have an air/fuel gauge installed?

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    this "how to thread" is awesome. thanxs guys! it's too bad I have 3 APC gauges :cry:
    does anyone have an air/fuel gauge installed?
    your air/fuel gauge install is the same as finding the O2 sensor. Follow what the two previous posts are talking about.

nice thread but there are more gauges we can install can we

i received these gauges last christmas and finnaly deicided to install them

http://www.iequus.com/product_info.p...ory_id=100_105

i know they arent the best kind but heh its a start and they arent that important anyway

ok so the box i had was already taped meaning it was returned once before and it doesnt have any instructions :shock:

ok so for the oil pressure, i have to plug a sensor from the gauge to the allen female end near the oil filter, but my kit didnt come with the plug sensor

so can i run a soft or hardline from the gauge to under the car or is it more complicated ?

as for the volt gauges u guys talk about connecting it to the batterie, i though for direct input it was better on the alternator?, i was wrong???

and the finaly one is the water temp...which is the same we have for the engine temperature ,right??? , or is it another kind ??? im a bit clueless and i believe this info is gonna improve this tutorial

thx for the help guys

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

TGC Regular
    I also have similar gauges. I would like to know how to hook up the water temp gauge, and oil temp gauge properly on the 8g ; ) If anyone could help, would be awesome !

voltage over 14v is actually BAD for the battery. It starts cooking it over 14
    141,000 miles.

6 dents.

Yellowed, cloudy headlights.

spraypaint on the door panels.

I'm on this thread because I was trying to install a AF ratio gauge as well and I couldn't find information on what color the signal wire is on the 7g 4 wire o2 sensors. Theres red, black, white, white, I traced it up to the connector in front of the intake runners. If anyone knows pin it is at the ECU down under the dash, that would greatly help, as I'm struggling to even drill through the rather tough bulkhead. Don't know how I'm gonna ground to the engine block unless I find a factory hole for something.
    141,000 miles.

6 dents.

Yellowed, cloudy headlights.

spraypaint on the door panels.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    as far as the wires, the one you need is one of the white wires, i'm not sure myself, that's why i used a wire tap. it doesn't completely cut the wire. as far as where to go through the fire wall, i drilled a hole right next to the steering column, being careful not to hit anything crucial. You can also gain access from the cab to the engine bay through the engine wire harness hole at the passengers foot board.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    for the a/f gauge follow the wires to the connector then look at the wires on the other side of the connector.. theres a white wire and thats the one you tap.. that way you can replace the o2 sensor without redoing the wire every time
    Last edited by Galanttuner10; 04-06-2009 at 11:12 PM
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Iam finally getting around to hooking up the lights on my autometer a/f, boost,pyrometer gauges... I tapped the correct wire for the O2 but what do you guys tap for the constant 12v? the other two gauges are tapped into the llight that was originally on my automatic gear shift... .(which was green/white stripe and black/yellow stripe)

looked like this..
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i tapped into the green and white wire for the light on my boost and a/f gauges.. i think i did it right at the fuse box under the dash ill look again in the am
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12