The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Everyone with erebuni kit i need your help!!!!

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Dark Anghell

Everyone with erebuni kit i need your help!!!!

I just got the coilovers installed on my car...How high do you guys have your cars raised up/lowered?

lower it as low as you want ......as long as u know how to drive with a kit on (hit speedbumps at angles, etc., etc.)......but be carefull or you will end up like i did today..............i was at the moroso car show TODAY and i hit a damn GRASS BUMP cause i wasn't paying attention and my car wouldnt make it over it , so i reversed and my kit broke off and i had to ghetto rig it on site.......but it looks like it never happened ............bottom line is, BE CAREFULL
    TEAM GENESIS

MitsuMan
    Just remember that the kit is origionally designed for the stock hieght, are your coilovers adjustable?, i would just lower it as neccessary, at shows go lower, everyday driving, raise that shit or invest in some fiberglass repair kits

Dark Anghell
    I raised my car up, so that I have almost three fingers between the tire and the fender in the front, in the back it's full 3 fingers.
    For me it's not the speed bumps, but it's the driveway into the garage.
    The car looks so funny right now...being raised up so much. Plus I have to re-do my allignment, because I got the camber-kit. Now the wheels are like this / instead of this | | :cry: .

brandon
    Hey Pavel,

I haven't installed the skirts yet but I have my car dropped at least an inch or inch and a half and the front bumper still sits up at least a couple inches off the ground. I also have 18s on my ride so that lifts things up a bit more.

I'm thinking you could go at least 2 and close to 3 inches down and have just enough to room to drive around... assuming there are NO bumps anywhere in sight. heh.

i've heard of people raising their coils up to where you only get a 1 inch drop, just to stay safe from all the bumps and to make driving a lil bit less stressful

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    Pavel,
    Funny you ask because I just raised my car back up. I had my skunk2's dropped 2 1/3 inches all summer, now that it's winter here in Alaska I got em raised up. My car is now only dropped an inch.
    I had to get an allignment and they re-adjusted my camber kit. It cost me $80 to get it done! But that did include a mounting and balancing for my studded tires.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

MitsuMan
    Brandon,
    Good to see that the kit isnt collecting dust and being disgused as furnature in your living room anymore! take some pics will ya!

2True, its winter already there? damn, make sure u take into account the chains on your tires when making your drop....lol

Dark Anghell
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    Hey Pavel,

I haven't installed the skirts yet but I have my car dropped at least an inch or inch and a half and the front bumper still sits up at least a couple inches off the ground. I also have 18s on my ride so that lifts things up a bit more.

I'm thinking you could go at least 2 and close to 3 inches down and have just enough to room to drive around... assuming there are NO bumps anywhere in sight. heh.
    I had my car dropped pretty low to begin with...about 2" or so off the ground (the front bumper that is). I had barely one finger between the fender and the tire, but the sideskirts come down pretty low to the ground. Otherwise I barely scratched my front end, ofcourse I never went over speed bumps .
    By the way a little update: I just dropped off my kit to get it painted, the dude is charging me 375 for the rear bumper and sideskirts. The paint is supposively imported from germany, so the quality is really good. I'll get the pics posted on my website.