The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: IRotors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fall Out Boy)</div><div class='quotemain'>First, Irotors doesnt advertise these as Brembos and second i didnt pay 579 dollars either..... i feel you need to work on your reading comprehension skills a little more. Â*Its not like they took a screwdiver and just made some holes in these rotors...they are CNC machined... and come with a warranty. Â*It really comes down to personal opinion on cross drilled. Â*Some say they are functional some say they arent. Â*

I would of gone with some powerslots but after reading multiple reviews on warping i said fuck that. Â*I havent read one bad review on Irotors to date.</div>

CNC machining doesn't really mean anything. all it means is that they used a fancy machine to make a pretty pattern on the rotor. if you wanted to, they can cnc your name onto the rotor.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

dave1
    ah finaly an area that i know something about. CNC machining! I am infact a CNC setup and programer.

Basicly you write a program, put in the tools required. and the machine does all the work.

The problem is that when you buy cnc machined products, the programer has to setup up to print, meaning is one hole the same as the other. did a tool break and it made one hole too big or one hole too small. Alot of guys, expecially if he did buy brembo blanks, wont through away if they screw it up they will just try and fix it so it looks good by eye,

The good news is on these it dosnt really matter. Even if somehting isnt exact it will still work right.

CNC machines can basicly cut accuratly up to .0001 of an inch. Where i work we make stuff for the medical field. I personaly am incharge of the brain surgery tools. they are ultra sonic. Ive seen alot of stuff get passed that IMO shouldnt of. Good thing about that is most our products go to europe so most of us will be ok. But hey we pass stuff for brain surgery the chances of a guy passing shit for rotors is pretty high!

CNC machines are the shit if you know how to program them.

so when all said and done your rotors are really nice but yea as alan said cnc machined dosnt really mean much unless you indeed did have a guy that programed it right and made sure it was done right. Im almost positve youll never see any problems tho.

dave1
    oh and yea that brembo stamp. I can use a ancient 1989 fadal cnc 4 axis miller to etch that on. Take about 30 secounds to write up the program.

i'm absolutley positive that they didn't stamp the rotors brembo for credit. i'm sure they just buy brembo blanks. solid rotors then machine them.

thats fine by me, mine don't even have a crack in them and i'ver had them on for a couple of years and am on my second set of pads in the front and didn't need to turn the front rotors at all. I am satisfied.
    my father and my sister have the same setup and they have had no problems either. great buy in my opinion.
    quality and a great price

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

dave1
    they would have to be a no name company that dosnt care if they get sued if they put brembo on there. they more than likley do buy blanks , it just is possible to put it on there .

now if these are brembo brakes and just machined by a good machinest. id buy them anyday,

lol, all this fuss over some rotors... just like DOHCSTUNR said hes had them for a couple years with no problems at all...and the various other reviews i have read have said the exact same thing. Even though cross drilled are known to crack i have yet to read one person stating that a rotor bought from Irotors has done just that. People on Club3G have had these with over 40k on them and no problems what so ever. And CNC machined does mean something. Its more than just a pretty pattern, ffs. Is that all people on TGC can do is bash? It gets real fucking old sometimes.

well the point i was bringing up is that, its not really about the machining process, its about the contruction of the rotor.

i mean if i shot at a car regular car window, i wouldn't expect it to stop the bullet from penetrating like lets say a bulletproof window would stop a bullet.

same thing with the rotors. a rotor that wasn't made to be machined for drilling slotting, happy faces, might not peform as well as a rotor that was designed to be machined in a certain fashion.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

finally threw these on today. huge difference. Those stock rotors are garbage. The pads that were on there were barely even worn down. But upon futher inspection you could see that the wear on all four corners was not even close to being even. Each pad surface only looked to be grabbing the rotor maybe 25%. The old pads just looking at them casually looked brand new still. Plenty of meat left on them. Even to my surprise the rear rotors on the backside were totally ripped apart... After fighting a few rusty caliper bolts these puppies slid right on with no problems. I'll let you guys know how they are doing a few thousand miles down the road.

I also did speak with a representative at IRotors and it was confirmed that they do buy the finest blanks and have gone through intensive R&D to make sure that the CNC machining does not degrade the rotor but in actuality increase its performance. These are the same rotors that Brembo slots and drills. Only IRotors does it and charges less. You guys can check out their website irotors.com these are not some poo-put ebay sellers.

if you are showing uneven padwear thats a definate sign you need to bleed the brakes. as i had earlier suggested, might as well flush some quality synthetic through until the fluid comes out completly clear. use a clear glass jar when you bleed to see the contamination level of the fluid until fresh clean fluid comes out. you will be amazed at how much it takes to get the system spotless. i went through 3 large bottles of valvoline synthetic dot 4. money well spent. hope your rotors serve you as well as mine.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

tips on how to bleed brake lines easy? ive just always heard its a pain in the ass and have never attempted it... thinking about just bringing the car in to get the ABS system flushed. I know to bleed em i need some tubing and a glass jar but thats about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12