The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WoodGrian

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    BottomBoy

WoodGrian

I know everyone has asked this but I want to be super sure. Now I've read that if u just pull the wood grain paneling straight it will come off. But my friend said I have to unscrew a screw from the side of the glovecompartment then remove the part of the dash around the wood grain first. I have a 01 galant es stock non infitnity stereo. How step by step to reaplce it with a new Sony CDX-F7715X stereo. Thanks.

i got an 01 Galant as well. I have put in a new radio and later on an XM unit. There was no screw when i pulled mine off...i just started at the bottom at each corner carefully pulled popping the tabs out and pulled it off. Yours has probably never been taken off before so you might need to give it a firm tug at first to get it started. But as always take your time and be careful. If you need more help just post...there are plenty of knowledgeable people here who im sure can help you out further.

Just put your hand in the bottom pocket and grip it there and pull on it. Or you can pry it out from the corners but it is easier to just pull on it. It will not break.