The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo the 4cyl?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    Feared

Turbo the 4cyl?

Has this motor ever been Turbo-Charged? or Super Charged? Im not to familiar with the Galant motors.. cause i've always been with the 4g63 motors, I personally built a 2.3L stroker motor in my talon.. so now i'm intrested in making my new galant turbo.. maybee? lol

Can anyone point me in the right direstion for kits if they exsist? Or am i gonna have to go custom.. ugg..

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Please search man...

Ripp Mods makes a SDS kit. And many people have put together custom turbo kits. If you knew a lot about DSMs youd know that they like to use our 7bolt 4g64 block and the 4gcs 2.4L 6bolt block to make their hybrid 2.4L DOHC engines.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    for the 9th gen?

Doh thought this was in the 8g forums. Nobody in the US has turbo/SDS the 9g i4, but I have seen turbo kits on JDM cars with the same engine. Just have to do a lot of custom work, wont be any different from a custom turbo kit on any other galant.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Doh thought this was in the 8g forums. Nobody in the US has turbo/SDS the 8g i4, but I have seen turbo kits on JDM cars with the same engine. Just have to do a lot of custom work, wont be any different from a custom turbo kit on any other galant.
    You forgot about Blankman (8G I4 SDS) and Underated (8G I4 Turbo), to name a few, but I'm going to presume you actually meant the 9G.

Anyway, as far as I know, there are no ready-made bolt-on kits for the 9G I4. You could always try getting a hold of http://www.maxrev.com, or http://www.tearstone.com to get something made. If I recall correctly, the new 4G I4 Eclipse uses the same engine as the 9G Galant, so I'm sure something will be put together eventually. Have you hit up any of the 4G Eclipse boards?

TGC Regular
    just wait for someone to make a kit for the 4g eclipse... that should be anyday now

when is we gon be free????

Feared
    Ah, so the 9g i4 motor is the same as the 3g eclipse? Awsome... now i have a starting point, thanks for the info!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Feared)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ah, so the 9g i4 motor is the same as the 3g eclipse? </div>

No.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Feared)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ah, so the 9g i4 motor is the same as the 3g eclipse? Awsome... now i have a starting point, thanks for the info!</div>

No the 9G I4 = 4G I4 (Mivec 4G69)

check out the 4G site they're already drawing up plans for a turbo kit.. or so I last heard....
    <a href='http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223' target='_blank'>http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223</a>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Feared)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ah, so the 9g i4 motor is the same as the 3g eclipse? Awsome... now i have a starting point, thanks for the info!</div>

No the 9G I4 = 4G I4 (Mivec 4G69)</div>

Lancer Ralliart also uses the 4G69, roadracemotorsports.com has a turbo kit for the manual and automatic...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    It wouldn't hurt to see if a EVO 8-9 4G63 manifold will bolt up the a 4G69 cylinder head. Unless its been done and confirmed already. If it fits...then you just opened yourself a path to piece out a cheaper turbo kit. Then you could use the stock EVO 16g and custom build your downpipe/exhaust and I/C piping.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo