The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Floor panels get really warm, any ideas?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Floor panels get really warm, any ideas?

the floor panels get really really warm after running the car for awhile. I don't know why though. I've been thinking its because I removed the heat sheild, 'cause it ratteled it was completly rusted out and was falling off any way. Anyone have any ideas, and if it is that what do I do about it? Also wheres somewhere that I can get some of that heat wrap for the exhaust manifold, my engine bay gets really really hot and took of the heat sheild and lost it. Thanks for the help.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I dont see how you floor panels can get hot because you removed your exhaust manifold heat shield. Yes...your engine bay will be a bit more hot once removed. You can get heat wrap at Pep boys or online like Summit racing. Check for any exhaust leaks near the firewall area and maybe the heat shielding underneath the car is rusted off.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

yeah thats what I meant the heat sheild did rust off from the exhaust pipes underneath the car, so thats whats making it so hott? and if so what will I need to do to fix it? Thanks.