The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Question...

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Illant

Question...

<span style='color:orange'>This is going to sound stupid, but I was trying to clear out my corners today, but I ran into probably the dumbest problems.... I could not figure out how to detach the headlight wires....the corner bulb was easy..but the main bulb, I couldn;t figure out...Can some one help explain..maybe post pics too...Im slow.. </span>:oops:

If I remember correctly the holster that holds the bulb turns, you have to push it in while turning it.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    there is no clip or lock...you can pull them out, just pull directly out, not as an angle.
    -Pedro

mmm just press the side of the black socket then pull back.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marky)</div><div class='quotemain'>If I remember correctly the holster that holds the bulb turns, you have to push it in while turning it.</div>

he's talking about the headlight plug, not the bulb itself.
    -Pedro

for the headlight bulbs you have to squeeze the sides of the socket and pull it to release
    then you remove the rubber boot and then there is a clip that holds the bulb in place you will see which direction to manuver that to release the bulb
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

I just found this of pinoyesv6 website, see pages 54A-70 under bulb replacement

http://www.mynameistitobhoy.com/Galant%20S...0Manual/54A.pdf

what i usually do is grab the socket by the sides. push in and then pull out. some people like to just pull out but if there's some dirt or corrosion on the terminals, pushing in breaks it up before you pull out.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.