The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Long-term storage

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Long-term storage

Just like it says, my G is going away, probably until next summer, but I might have a chance to pull her out at Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I need to get her ready.

I've already got a car cover, and she's getting a fresh wash and a wax right before she goes into the garage.

What else do I need to do to protect the car from the effects of not going anywhere for a long period of time? I plan on getting a fresh oil and AT flush (needed) and disconnecting the negative battery post, but is there anything else I should do so she'll be in perfect shape next year? I'm thinking alot about just corrosion in the engine and gas tank, and deterioration of paint and tires. The A/C is already shot so I don't need to worry about that.

If I'm lucky it will get driven around for a bit every once in awhile by family, but I'm preparing for the worst, here.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Long-term storage

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Goandeatsomestuff)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just like it says, my G is going away, probably until next summer, but I might have a chance to pull her out at Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I need to get her ready. Â*

I've already got a car cover, and she's getting a fresh wash and a wax right before she goes into the garage.

What else do I need to do to protect the car from the effects of not going anywhere for a long period of time? Â*I plan on getting a fresh oil and AT flush (needed) and disconnecting the negative battery post, but is there anything else I should do so she'll be in perfect shape next year? Â*I'm thinking alot about just corrosion in the engine and gas tank, and deterioration of paint and tires. Â*The A/C is already shot so I don't need to worry about that.

If I'm lucky it will get driven around for a bit every once in awhile by family, but I'm preparing for the worst, here.

Thanks in advance for the help.</div>

Try searching... I know way back there was a tutorial on how to get everything ready, let me see if I can find the link...